The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight Rises?

100% Awesome
55%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
4%
60% Awesome
2%
50% Awesome
1%
40% Awesome
1%
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
0%
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
3%

Total votes: 366

TehBatGetsBraked wrote: Dude you're like me but not me
:leoface: :D
"Peace has cost you your strength! Victory has defeated you!"

Last edited by CallMeSelina on April 30th, 2015, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

I LOVE JOSS WHEDON wrote:Daily reminder
Your name says it all.
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
I LOVE JOSS WHEDON wrote:Daily reminder
Your name says it all.
Eh, to each his own I guess....I know critics who didn't have a problem with the voice. It's just like an internet meme. People jumped on the bandwagon because they've read it in the news in december and so when they found the movie was less fun or not up to their impossible expectations they used every single nitpick to tell us why the film sucked. Apparently you have to freeze frame everything now when you're reviewing films that you don't like but when it comes to films you enjoy it's just others trying to badmouth it and you can enjoy it as a whole. Why don't people review films AS A WHOLE anymore? Plus, if we were to apply the michael bay standard to Nolan films he'd get 10/10 every time 'cause we know Michael bay makes stupid movies and it feels like some people don't like the idea of Nolan getting recognition as a major film director and so every excuse is acceptable to bash anything, like TDKR was trying to be Schindler's list or something. At least with Prometheus the criticisms died down but that may be because Ridley Scott does not make great films if they're not Director's Cuts...so why is that not happening with TDKR? Because when people tell you a director is great and you happen to not like what he's doing then you beat people over the head with it just so you can bring it up in the future. It's like some people are short of saying this is like Batman & Robin. get ahold of yourself. The films only flaw is just sloppy editing (sure it's an amateurish error and you should point it out but people are really talking in vicious tones about this movie, like it was a personal attack on them) because a director can shape the characters any way he wants so saying it's out of character is just a problem of your interpretation not being reflected on screen. Why can't a divisive film be great at the same time? because the people who love it REALLY love it and people who hate it REALLY hate it and both can find great arguments. It boils down to this: what you bring to it, is what you get from it and if you are someone who doesn't care about superhero films and think they should just stick to childish action adventures that's fine but you're talking down to people at the same time and you have to acknowledge that superheor films can address serious issues in a grown-up manner as well.

It might have been a wee bit short of being awesome. But that doesn't in any way take away the fact that it was awe-some !!!

Last edited by CallMeSelina on April 30th, 2015, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

KrazzyDJ wrote:It might have been a wee bit short of being awesome. But that doesn't in any way take away the fact that it was awe-some !!!
:-?

100% awesome !

If Bane came before Joker (DKR and then DK), DKR could have been more awesome that it is now. Joker raised the bar so high that Bane and Catwoman together cant match with.

100% awesome. The climbing scenes do it all for me.