The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight Rises?

100% Awesome
55%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
4%
60% Awesome
2%
50% Awesome
1%
40% Awesome
1%
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
0%
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
3%

Total votes: 366

Personally I prefer it over TDK - but BB is still my fave.

jrd550 wrote:Personally I prefer it over TDK - but BB is still my fave.
neat
Sigs???

jrd550 wrote:Personally I prefer it over TDK - but BB is still my fave.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought TDKR was better than TDK.

70 here.
Do you... like pineapple?

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:
I agree that it's Nolan's most flawed film. Way too much he was trying to integrate into the film and it felt sloppy and rushed. Although I do disagree with the start being very good...I thought it was all over the place for the most part of the film, I thought the 3rd act was the best although I had a lot of problems with it as well.

In my opinion, Following is the perfect example of why Nolan is so great and TDKR is a problem that Nolan has just begin to run into: With regards to Following, it was a no-budget film that had no-name actors yet was all about story and concept, and it is absolutely riveting, with a sensational climax. TDKR is a big budget film that has so much ambition, that it doesn't focus on Bruces' story as much as it should, instead attempting to incorporate new characters Bane, Miranda, John Blake, and Catwoman. I'm looking forward to Nolan's future work, and although I have nothing to base this off of, I have a hard time believing this is the film Nolan wanted to make considering his track record of tight story making, because this film is anything but tight.
Nobody gives a fuck
Just because you don't give a fuck doesn't mean other people don't. In my opinion Skyab says exactly what I feel and think. Aside from the part about it not being the film Nolan wanted, I think he's 100% correct.

I've been watching the DVD constantly since December 4th!!! Still Awesome! :D

BatPam wrote:I've been watching the DVD constantly since December 4th!!! Still Awesome! :D
Welcome to the forums! :goNF:

Red Hood wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought TDKR was better than TDK.
It's such a hard comparison for me, as I loved ALL THREE Nolan Batman films in the trilogy. However, after seeing Rises 5 times in IMAX, I must say I like it just a tiny bit more than TDK, same as I liked Hardy's Bane performance just a tiny bit more than Ledger's Joker.

But yes, my favourite films in the trilogy are actually the reverse of the trilogy itself: TDKR, TDK, and BB in that order in terms of preference, although I love ALL of them in general.
"Peace has cost you your strength! Victory has defeated you!"

Imaginatio wrote:
Red Hood wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought TDKR was better than TDK.
It's such a hard comparison for me, as I loved ALL THREE Nolan Batman films in the trilogy. However, after seeing Rises 5 times in IMAX, I must say I like it just a tiny bit more than TDK, same as I liked Hardy's Bane performance just a tiny bit more than Ledger's Joker.

But yes, my favourite films in the trilogy are actually the reverse of the trilogy itself: TDKR, TDK, and BB in that order in terms of preference, although I love ALL of them in general.
Dude you're like me but not me
Sigs???