The Nolan Fans Awesome Scale: The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

How Awesome was The Dark Knight Rises?

100% Awesome
55%
90% Awesome
25%
80% Awesome
10%
70% Awesome
4%
60% Awesome
2%
50% Awesome
1%
40% Awesome
1%
30% Awesome
No votes
20% Awesome
0%
10% Awesome
No votes
0% Awesome
3%

Total votes: 366

Red Hood wrote:Okay, which asshole voted for 0%?
I was waiting for someone to give the low vote.
The distribution is pretty fair, expected from this site, not unbiased by any means but hey, this is a Nolan site.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:
Red Hood wrote:Okay, which asshole voted for 0%?
I was waiting for someone to give the low vote.
The distribution is pretty fair, expected from this site, not unbiased by any means but hey, this is a Nolan site.
just voted 0%

Just got back from seeing this. What an experience - especially an IMAX one.

Still think TDK is the crown jewel of the trilogy, though. Unlike the penultimate film, TDKR's ending failed to leave an impression on me. Not that it was bad, just not what I expected. Also, and I'm gonna catch flak for saying this, the soundtrack was surprisingly forgettable. I think it was missing some JNH.

All that to say, the scale and tone of this final chapter is magnificent, but not all that emotionally fulfilling. I'll tentatively say 80% Awesome.

Tristy wrote:Just got back from seeing this. What an experience - especially an IMAX one.

Still think TDK is the crown jewel of the trilogy, though. Unlike the penultimate film, TDKR's ending failed to leave an impression on me. Not that it was bad, just not what I expected. Also, and I'm gonna catch flak for saying this, the soundtrack was surprisingly forgettable. I think it was missing some JNH.

All that to say, the scale and tone of this final chapter is magnificent, but not all that emotionally fulfilling. I'll tentatively say 80% Awesome.
Uh oh, get ready for the backlash.

Skyab23 wrote:
Tristy wrote:Just got back from seeing this. What an experience - especially an IMAX one.

Nah, he isn't a pretentious douchenugget who thinks that anyone who adores TDKR with every fiber of their being is lying to themselves because they don't want to admit a Nolan movie wasn't great. So, you know, Tristy's cool. You are not. End of story.

Unless of course Tristy thinks anyone who disagrees with him is lying to themselves too. In which case he is a total dick. But I don't think he thinks that way. Because he seems to be a generally decent person.

90%
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Nelson wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:
Nah, he isn't a pretentious douchenugget who thinks that anyone who adores TDKR with every fiber of their being is lying to themselves because they don't want to admit a Nolan movie wasn't great. So, you know, Tristy's cool. You are not. End of story.

Unless of course Tristy thinks anyone who disagrees with him is lying to themselves too. In which case he is a total dick. But I don't think he thinks that way. Because he seems to be a generally decent person.
Thank you for calling me a douchnugget, dick and a not decent person. It's folks like you who make these forums such a warm and welcoming place.

Skyab23 wrote:
Nelson wrote:

Thank you for calling me a douchnugget, dick and a not decent person. It's folks like you who make these forums such a warm and welcoming place.
Maybe if you weren't all those things, I wouldn't have to let you know you are all those things.

Also you forgot "pretentious". And the "e" in "douchenugget".

Nelson wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:
Maybe if you weren't all those things, I wouldn't have to let you know you are all those things.

You're not a very mature person are you Nelson? You resort to calling people names and cursing at them instead of engaging in any meaningful conversation with them. If I disagree with people, I state specifically why I do, but I don't resort to calling them names and trying to demean them as a person.

Skyab23 wrote:
Nelson wrote:

You're not a very mature person are you Nelson? You resort to calling people names and cursing at them instead of engaging in any meaningful conversation with them. If I disagree with people, I state specifically why I do, but I don't resort to calling them names and trying to demean them as a person.
I consider saying that anyone who disagrees with me on something as subjective as fuckin' movies is delusional as something worthy of those names. I also find that pretty immature.

But back to the thread. TDKR = 100% awesome.

But I'm just lying to myself, right Skyab?