[SPOILERS] Better Ways to End it?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
O.k. I have an ending in mind from some of the ideas saidhere and.some new one
The atom bomb blows up over the sea. The movie goes near silent. The city watches thisnin tragedy as their hero gave bis life. We seen Selina at the airport about to board her plane. She thinks of what Bruce has done. She has a look in her eye of guilt. We cut to Blake helping the children off the bus. The statue of batman is revealed to the city. We see the people as one cleaning up the streets and helping the injured. The funeral scene is the same. We see a child running in the street and he stops at a brick wall. He sketches the chalk bat symbol into the wall. As Gordon reads the tale of two cities speech we cut to him on the roof of mcu turning on the bat signal. The white light shines on the clouds at night. The people of the city look up and remember their fallen hero. Selina is on a plane going where ever the wind takes her. Alfred is sitting at the cafe in Florence ordering a coffee. Selina walks by un aware of his presence. Alfred smiles in joy. Blake discovers the waterfall of the batcave and cut to the grave of Bruce. Then we reveal the face of Bruce with a family kids and wife Selina. Fade to black.
Brave New World

Zez
One thing I'd do:
Kill Gordon. He's in the hospital, tells Bruce Batman needs to come back, and then dies. This motivates Bruce even more, to make sure Gordon's death isn't in vain. Meanwhile, Foley gets promoted to Commissioner. He doubles the search attempt for Batman. Blake is left to take on the Bane situation by himself. He doesn't get promoted. He does the detective work all by himself. He has to operate outside the law at most points. He and Foley fight (more than they did in the cop car), but after Bane traps the police officers, Foley trusts Blake. Foley hides in his home, but it is Blake that convinces him to come out and fight. Foley dies. Blake leaves the force. And takes up the mantle.

In this sense the Batman/Gordon relationship is mirrored by the Blake/Foley relationship. And Foley gets to be fleshed out as a character.

Zez wrote:One thing I'd do:
Kill Gordon. He's in the hospital, tells Bruce Batman needs to come back, and then dies. This motivates Bruce even more, to make sure Gordon's death isn't in vain. Meanwhile, Foley gets promoted to Commissioner. He doubles the search attempt for Batman. Blake is left to take on the Bane situation by himself. He doesn't get promoted. He does the detective work all by himself. He has to operate outside the law at most points. He and Foley fight (more than they did in the cop car), but after Bane traps the police officers, Foley trusts Blake. Foley hides in his home, but it is Blake that convinces him to come out and fight. Foley dies. Blake leaves the force. And takes up the mantle.

In this sense the Batman/Gordon relationship is mirrored by the Blake/Foley relationship. And Foley gets to be fleshed out as a character.
You cant just kill Gordon. What did you think of mine?
Brave New World

Eliminate the cliche Batman-flying-out-to-see-stopping-the-bomb ending and have Batman defeat Bane by pulling off his mask and leaving him to die, have Gotham think that both Bruce and Batman are killed, and Batman reveals to Gordon who he really is in the final scene, vowing to leave Gotham forever. Then do what they did for the ending montage but don't make John Blake's name Robin, and keep him discovering the Batcave, just not in the final shot. Move the burning bat-symbol on the bridge scene to the final shot, as Gordon narrates the scene talking about how Batman is gone, but how he rose, how he will always be there in spirit, etc. Final shot is Gordon discovering the burning Bat-symbol on the bridge as bats fly out underneath it. Cut to black.

aaron wrote:
Eliminate the cliche Batman-flying-out-to-see-stopping-the-bomb ending and have Batman defeat Bane by pulling off his mask and leaving him to die, have Gotham think that both Bruce and Batman are killed, and Batman reveals to Gordon who he really is in the final scene, vowing to leave Gotham forever. Then do what they did for the ending montage but don't make John Blake's name Robin, and keep him discovering the Batcave, just not in the final shot. Move the burning bat-symbol on the bridge scene to the final shot, as Gordon narrates the scene talking about how Batman is gone, but how he rose, how he will always be there in spirit, etc. Final shot is Gordon discovering the burning Bat-symbol on the bridge as bats fly out underneath it. Cut to black.
It would be cool if he was reading the same sppech that he said about Harvey in TDK.
Brave New World

To NOT show Bruce's face and have his back turned to Alfred (like in Alfred's flashback) and show Selina look at him and wink. Same ending besides that.

Bacon wrote:
To NOT show Bruce's face and have his back turned to Alfred (like in Alfred's flashback) and show Selina look at him and wink. Same ending besides that.
That's my issue with the real ending. I would imagine Alfred being absolutely shocked seeing Bruce alive, but all he does is smile and nod at Selina and Bruce.

If you guys are coming up with endings, then you're obviously not satisfied with how TDKR ended.

BlairCo wrote:
Bacon wrote:
That's my issue with the real ending. I would imagine Alfred being absolutely shocked seeing Bruce alive, but all he does is smile and nod at Selina and Bruce.
Selina looking at him and winking would be stupid cause she doesn't know about Alfred's wish for a normal life for Bruce.

And they didn't say anything to each other because Alfred's 'fantasy' had him seeing Bruce happy, but not saying a word to each other. Just a poetic film thingy.

I LOVED the ending but one thing I would have done. Before Batman flies away from Gordon in the end, he turns to him and says "I never thanked you." Gordon is tearing up and says "And you'll never have to." Then Batman flies away. Of course this would mean that Gordon says "Bruce Wayne?" BEFORE Batman flies off, so he could figure out his identity, Batman could nod and say I never thanked you. You like?