The Dark Knight Rises Appreciation Thread

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Hey, guys, remember that inorganic rushed plot-hole filled movie that didn't make as much as the avengers? I don't know about you but I think it deserves at least a tiny bit of appreciation.

No.

solo2001 wrote:Hey, guys, remember that inorganic rushed plot-hole filled movie that didn't make as much as the avengers? I don't know about you but I think it deserves at least a tiny bit of appreciation.
Thanks for making a thread just for appreciating such a great movie we've all been waiting for and most loved.
Brave New World

solo2001 wrote:Hey, guys, remember that inorganic rushed plot-hole filled movie that didn't make as much as the avengers? I don't know about you but I think it deserves at least a tiny bit of appreciation.
Reminded me of Transformers. :P

Great thread. I've said numerous times this weekend how TDKR is BY FAR my favorite of the three. It attempted the impossible, trying to be bombastic and subtle at the same time, and I believe it achieved that.

Despite the minor gripes I have with this, its the best film of the year, best film I've seen in a few years, best superhero film I've seen, and easily better than BB and TDK.

But I'm not a dick so this^ opinion is not definitive nor should it somehow influence your view.

#YOLO
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

5/10. Bane should've been sexier.

Cilogy wrote:Despite the minor gripes I have with this, its the best film of the year, best film I've seen in a few years, best superhero film I've seen, and easily better than BB and TDK.

But I'm not a dick so this^ opinion is not definitive nor should it somehow influence your view.

#YOLO

It didn't influence my view , but surely I agree with you like +1000000000 times.

In Nolan I trust !

Cilogy wrote:Despite the minor gripes I have with this, its the best film of the year, best film I've seen in a few years, best superhero film I've seen, and easily better than BB and TDK.

#YOLO
It was a solid popcorn flick.

Yeah, there are problems, but it is by far the most emotional experience I've had in the theatre. I think Nolan captured the fear that has kept America (and other parts of the world) captive after 9/11. Also, Gotham just looked a lot like NYC so to see it up in smoke was a too familiar image. It also was the grandest, most ambitious movie I've ever seen and I can't say I felt the least bit disappointed when it was finished. TDK succeeded in many respects from a tighter and more streamlined plot. TDKR was always going to fall short because the story was far more complicated and there were more twists, and simply because there are so many facets of that movie, there can be more to gripe about. Personally, I enjoyed every twist and the ending. TDKR can't be compared to any film before it, it was just MASSIVE. It made the Avengers, and every comic book movie before it, look like child's play. It'll probably end up being my favourite film of the year. I can't imagine anything topping that experience of seeing in IMAX.