Bane's Voice

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I can't believe people actually PREFER the theatrical version even after watching that video. Despite seeing it a second time and knowing what to expect, I still hate it...probably even more. Just too comical.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:I can't believe people actually PREFER the theatrical version even after watching that video. Despite seeing it a second time and knowing what to expect, I still hate it...probably even more. Just too comical.
Its really not that bad. Overreaction to the extreme.

I don't mind the theatrical version either. My only gripe with it is the "Of course" which sounds like Dr. Evil kicked in the nuts.

The change from the untouched 'Crashing this plane' line to the 'With No survivors' line in the theatrical version is too jarring - it sounds ridiculous

The first one was so much better. Bane's second scene sounded so much different in comparison to the theatrical prologue. I love the first one so maybe that's why I dislike the new one. Also, the movie starts and ends with a fake death :shock:
Last edited by Cilogy on July 25th, 2012, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilers
"When art imitates life"

dafox wrote:The first one was so much better. Bane's second scene sounded so much different in comparison to the theatrical prologue. I love the first one so maybe that's why I dislike the new one. Also, the movie starts and ends with a fake death :shock:
I just noticed that. And please remember to place spoiler tags, there are people who haven't seen the film yet.
Last edited by Cilogy on July 25th, 2012, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilers

Zimmeredge wrote:The thing -with this prologue introducing Bane- is that you have to get used with his voice no matter how it sounds after the prologue. The first few minutes where just so important. If you can't understand him in the very first minute of the movie people will not pay attention to what he's saying in the end. You have to catch everybody's attention in the beginning.

They have to tweak it just a little bit to be more understandable although it was pretty understandable in the first prologue.
Agreed, but they did more than tweak it.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:I can't believe people actually PREFER the theatrical version even after watching that video. Despite seeing it a second time and knowing what to expect, I still hate it...probably even more. Just too comical.
You are overacting. If you had never seen the prologue this wouldn't be an issue. Why in the world would you want the voice in the first scene not to match the voice from the rest of the film, which Bane spent being very theatrical?
He fucking hissed the line "League of Shadowsssssssss" during the first fight. And it worked because of the theatricality.

Nelson wrote:
You are overacting. If you had never seen the prologue this wouldn't be an issue. Why in the world would you want the voice in the first scene not to match the voice from the rest of the film, which Bane spent being very theatrical?
He fucking hissed the line "League of Shadowsssssssss" during the first fight. And it worked because of the theatricality.
I agree, and btw, the first fight, I love that freaking scene.

I'm not going to argue that the new prologue voice is better, because it isn't, but Bane is an extremely theatrical character. His vocals style during the stadium and Blackgate speeches is totally different to how he normally speaks. He's a showman.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...