Need opinions on a specific scene [Spoilers]

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
JONATHAN3D wrote:I don't think she handled it great, but I'm totally fine with it.
She died believing she succeeded. Do you guys think it would of been better if she held on long enough to realize that she failed?
I dont have a problem with the way she died, I just think she acted the death very poorly. It looked like she fell asleep and twitched or something. It was just awkward. To the guy above me that was funny hahahah. When all three were looking into the car. It was pretty funny

Dan_87 wrote:what's funny (for me) happened after that scene where:
after Talia exhaled her last breath, we immediately cut to the other side of the truck where gordon, batman, and catwoman starring into the driver seat with their mouth wide open
Oh yeah, I almost laughed out loud. But I don't blame Marion. Nolan didn't really give Marion a lot to work with there--a side shot of her in the truck, no special lighting, etc. And
Nolan should be denied a Best Director Oscar for this alone: letting her (or telling her to) roll her head to the side after she dies. It was like a parody of a death scene, and Nolan should have seen that and done another take.

xSeanZx wrote:
JONATHAN3D wrote:I don't think she handled it great, but I'm totally fine with it.
She died believing she succeeded. Do you guys think it would of been better if she held on long enough to realize that she failed?
I dont have a problem with the way she died, I just think she acted the death very poorly. It looked like she fell asleep and twitched or something. It was just awkward. To the guy above me that was funny hahahah. When all three were looking into the car. It was pretty funny
I understand that, and while I'm not bothered by her performance there, I recognize that it was bad. But I seriously asking:
Do you guys think it would of been better if she stayed alive long enough to realize that she failed?
Last edited by JONATHAN3D on July 22nd, 2012, 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allstar wrote: I am just starting to realize Marion is just a one trick pony with her american roles.
This is what i'm afraid of. I actually loved her in Inception, but hoping for a role that really ventures out from her usual style. Low life looks promising, but too early to tell.
And I did cringe at the death, surprised Nolan used that.

JONATHAN3D wrote:
xSeanZx wrote:
I understand that. I'm just seriously asking:
Do you guys think it would of been better if she stayed alive long enough to realize that she failed?
well
she already "failed" one with the remote detonation, i think to make her see that she fail twice isn't that good...plus up till that moment we're supposed to feel the desperation from the good guys' camp, so she would've taken the focus away imo

JONATHAN3D wrote:
xSeanZx wrote:
I understand that, and while I'm not bothered by her performance there, I recognize that it was bad. But I seriously asking:
I like her dying before it fails because it maintains the common theme of having and dying with hope that is throughout the movie

That's good stuff. I like the thinking.
False hope. Desperation from the good guys. I agree with you guys.

xSeanZx wrote:
I wanted to make a thread about talias death scene.

Marion C is an amazing actress but am I the only one who felt that was one of the poorest death deliveries I have ever seen?

I couldn't believe it and it is probably the only thing i I didn't like in the ne movie. I really surprised nolan was happy enough to leave it in.

Just wondering what everyone else thought :o
It was bad because, while a great twist, she was a weak villain, hard to send a villain who is as such for 7 minutes right. They did the best they could, giving her a truck to hide her being a weak villain physically, but barely getting to know her made her death tough, she expressed all we knew about her, which was her plan, saying anything more would have been outside the character. Because of that fact, it came off a little mustache twirl-ish, just one of the fairly sloppy parts of this movie by a never sloppy filmmaker.

any solution yet ?
When does the Batman switches to a different Bat while the other Bat carrying the neutron bomb approaches towards sea ?

nolanlove wrote:any solution yet ?
When does the Batman switches to a different Bat while the other Bat carrying the neutron bomb approaches towards sea ?
I think when we see the explosion in the building,. Why would he charge right through it if it wasnt in auto-pilot?
Sigs???