Your Thoughts On the "Dark Knight" Trilogy

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Well I was really just thinking of individual moments that I found jarring in the overall scheme of things.

nolangoatdirector wrote:My only "problems" with the trilogy:
1. Lack of continuity with Rachel - changing actresses in TDK really lowered the impact of her dying, at least for me. And yes, I liked Katie more than Maggie, I really felt a shared sweetness between Katie and Bale in BB. In TDK, I thought the Maggie Rachel was constantly arrogant and ungrateful towards him, and I really didn't feel any affection.
Yeah, that bothers me a little bit too, but only that. :thumbup:

The change in actresses with Rachel didn't bother me. I try to never let that kind of thing bother me. You have to remember it's about the character and not the actress. And people change. Yes it would be harder to adjust if Batman or Joker changed actors between films. But I feel as an audience people should try and be less bothered by this so long as the director and latter actor do their job in bringing that character back to life.

The 8 year gap doesn't bother me at all especially after watching them all back to back. It feels fitting to me. I don't see it as time gap between films I just see the entirety of Bruce's life over the period of three films. I mean if you think about Begins we saw 20 something years of Bruce's life from the time he was a child and several years of him training. I just see that 8 years another span of time that we have a general understanding of. It made the whole frozen in time aspect more impactful. I mean 8 years of little crime no wonder that police force acted like a bunch of amateurs. "Peace has cost you you're strength. Victory has defeated you." I thought the 8 year gap was pertinent to the story.

My only little gripe in the whole series is that TDKR sort of tainted my view of Begins. Everytime I watch begins now I just can't picture Bane and Talia living in that world.I just have difficulty connecting the two films as close as I want. But it's a tiny issue.

I like to imagine that Ra's went looking for Bruce about a year after excommunicating Bane. And I guess his daughter leaving him and everything was just to painful to mention to Bruce.

I have not one problem or nitpick with any part of this epic trilogy.

BatMan528491 wrote:I have not one problem or nitpick with any part of this epic trilogy.

BatMan528491 wrote:I have not one problem or nitpick with any part of this epic trilogy.

Batman Begins - 8.5/10
The Dark Knight - 10/10
The Dark Knight Rises - 8/10

IMHO

Though I have no idea what Talia's doing there in Rises. That character felt really truncated and she dragged the third act down a lot.

I also wish somebody would have mentioned the Joker character in some capacity in that movie--I can't imagine how that would have been disrespectful to Ledger, because the movies are fictions, and in the fictional world of these flicks The Joker's still alive. It just felt weird to not even mention a character that had such a tremendous impact on Bruce's life.

it was probably the best cbm trilogy that the g.a will see for a long time. i just wish they would have kept bruce alive at the end, instead of making him immortal like ras says to him in the pit, allowing wishful thinking for alfred to imagine bruce happy wherever the afterlife took him.