Your Thoughts On the "Dark Knight" Trilogy

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Apologies for not using the spoiler tag correctly, I have edited the post appropriately.
I appreciate that for those who haven't seen the film, an inadvertant spoiler could be
very upsetting.

Your animosity and rudeness would be warranted, if the film weren't already in theatres and detailed synopses of
plot, and critical responses not available pretty much anywhere. Get over yourself.

batman begins-9 out of 10
the dark knight-9.5 out of 10
the dark knight rises-10 out of 10

BB 9.5/10
TDK 11/10
TDKR 9.5/10

Best trilogy ever? Damn straight.

BB- 8/10
TDK- 9.5/10
TDKR 10/10

I give TDKR the high rating because
it brings the whole trilogy to the most satisfying close possible.
I don't have enough distance from the films to judge them individually. No one does.

Here is how I rate the films:

Batman Begins- 9/10: It was a near-perfect origin story that got the series back on track. This set the tone for a more realistic, gritty, dark crime saga that was sorely lacking in the previous Batman quadrilogy. There are more Bruce Wayne moments here, and it is completely enthralling to watch Bruce morph himself into Batman. Wayne Manor, the Batcave, the Tumbler, creating the outfit, all of that was just great to see come to fruition. Plus it ends with a nod to the Joker! Fantastic movie

The Dark Knight- 10/10: This just blew the lid off of the franchise and took us to new heights that had never been reached in the genre. Completely brilliant script and plot, it focused really well on continuing Bruce Wayne's character arc. He now had to handle the responsibility and consequences of his actions, which was an important step for him to take in his personal growth. Meanwhile, Ledger's "Joker" performance is legendary and will live on for the rest of cinema history. What a movie and what an event!

The Dark Knight Rises- 9.5/10: TDKR accomplished what it set out to and then some. First of all, this has my favorite ensemble of actors of the entire series. I love how Nolan used Catwoman and John Blake. Bane was a great villain, and the plot twists/turns were great. Just a few tiny chinks in the armor, but overall this is a fantastic closer to the saga and I love the ending!

All in all, it is such a great saga.Thank you Christopher Nolan for this amazing gift to all of us.

Begins - 9/10

Dark Knight - 10/10

Rises - 7.5/10

Begins-9
TDK-10
TDKR-7.5

I think most people have it right:

BB: 9/10

TDK: 10/10

TDKR: 7/10

Still doesn't beat The Godfather Trilogy as far as I'm concerned. The Godfather 3 was a lot less disappointing than TDKR. Maybe that's an unfair comparison though, because the expectations for Godfather 3 were nowhere near as high as TDKR.

Directors Cut anyone?

BB- B+
TDK & TDKR A+
Sigs???

Batman Begins 9/10
The Dark Knight 10/10
The Dark Knight Rises 10/10

Nolan has created an amazing Trilogy. It has been one hell of a fantastic ride. Now bring on the next Nolan masterpiece
Last edited by xWhereAmI? on July 21st, 2012, 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.