Criticisms of The Dark Knight Rises? (spoilers)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Avatar Korra wrote:I guess how Bruce got back into the city will be this movie's "What happened to the Joker after the party?"
What happened to Joker after the party crash is something that Ive always thought was a stupid troll complaint. It's unimportant to the story what happened to him after the part. You can decide what happened to him after the party and it isn't complicated and hardly take suspension of belief. There was no need to see footage of Joker leaving the party, it's pretty simple and unimportant to the story.

How Bruce gets back to Gotham in TDKR, however, is much more important to the story in TDKR. It requires much more suspension of disbelief. It also would have been cool to have seen filmed. There could have been 5 minutes of seeing Bruce infiltrate back in to Gotham. Could have been a good moment. Seeing Joker leave the party would have been a waste of film.

The 2 can't really be compared IMO.

I LOVE HOW PRODUCTION STILLS OF PREVIOUS MOVIES END UP AS FRAMED PHOTOS!

LMFAO!

DID BRUCE WAYNE PRINT A RACHEL DAWES MOVIE STILL FROM THE DARK KNIGHT AND PUT IT IN A FRAME?

Allstar wrote:I LOVE HOW PRODUCTION STILLS OF PREVIOUS MOVIES END UP AS FRAMED PHOTOS!

LMFAO!

DID BRUCE WAYNE PRINT A RACHEL DAWES MOVIE STILL FROM THE DARK KNIGHT AND PUT IT IN A FRAME?
I found that bit very unrealistic.

BlairCo wrote:
Allstar wrote:I LOVE HOW PRODUCTION STILLS OF PREVIOUS MOVIES END UP AS FRAMED PHOTOS!

LMFAO!

I found that bit very unrealistic.
How did Nolan have a brain fart like that? Pretty uncharacteristic of him.

Jamie wrote: - Too many one-liners created merely for effect in the trailers
e.g. 'You're in for show tonight son' amongst many others
I don't disagree that this particular line is far from brilliant. However, its lifted almost verbatim from The Dark Knight Returns.
In the comic just as Batman is spotted by 2 police in a car (one young one old), the older cop says "we're in for a show, kid"
(its on page. 35 of the version of the book I have).

Cheers

Is anyone else fuckin' pissed that we didn't get to see that awesome shot of Catwoman in the police car being taken to Blackgate that was in the prologue? :facepalm:

aaron wrote:
Is anyone else fuckin' pissed that we didn't get to see that awesome shot of Catwoman in the police car being taken to Blackgate that was in the prologue? :facepalm:
They certainly could've replaced a scene with Juno Temple's character with that shot. Her character was absolutely pointless.

aaron wrote:
I saw that shot in my screening.

There were a lot of scenes shown in the trailers that never seemed to make it to the movie, which I found odd. I wonder if Nolan rushed this movie to meet a deadline set by the studio.

On a side note, if Bane was Miranda's guardian, wouldn't he be like 45-50? She was at least 30-35 and I am going to assume he was 20 in the prison.

avcs wrote:There were a lot of scenes shown in the trailers that never seemed to make it to the movie, which I found odd. I wonder if Nolan rushed this movie to meet a deadline set by the studio.

On a side note, if Bane was Miranda's guardian, wouldn't he be like 45-50? She was at least 30-35 and I am going to assume he was 20 in the prison.
He was probably around the same age as young Ra's.

Speaking of which......
I think Ra's was also upset that Bane served as a father figure to Talia which is why he didn't want him in the LoS.