Rank the cast of TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
After sleeping on it for me-

Gordon-Levitt
Hardy
Bale
Oldman
Hathaway
Caine- just kind of hard to compare with the others with limited screen time
Cotillard
Freeman

A lot of this is pretty neck and neck.
Last edited by Allstar on July 20th, 2012, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JGL
Bale
Hathaway
Oldman
Hardy
Caine
Cotillard
Freeman

Goddamit. Was JGL that good??? I'm so happy for him.

Only 4 days for me.

Mahiya_Borden wrote:Goddamit. Was JGL that good??? I'm so happy for him.

Only 4 days for me.
I still don't feel there is any kind of obvious standout but he blew away my expectations. His performance is so precise and nuanced from scene to scene. He brings the most human element of the cast, this role could of possibly came off cheesy with a different actor but JGL knew exactly how to get under the skin of him. Not to mention the journey his character goes on is utterly satisfying.

Allstar wrote:
Mahiya_Borden wrote:Goddamit. Was JGL that good??? I'm so happy for him.

Only 4 days for me.
I still don't feel there is any kind of obvious standout but he blew away my expectations. His performance is so precise and nuanced from scene to scene. He brings the most human element of the cast, this role could of possibly came off cheesy with a different actor but JGL knew exactly how to get under the skin of him. Not to mention the journey his character goes on is utterly satisfying.
How was Hathaway?
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Hard to say, but in terms of pure acting, Hathaway at the top probably. She completely transformed on every level. The rest of the cast is pretty equal, maybe. It's probably the most universally best acted of Nolan's films.

-Vader

DoubleD wrote:
Allstar wrote:
How was Hathaway?
Great for the most part, there were times she came off overacting a bit though but her high moments over shine it.

Right now:

1. Caine
2. Hathaway
3. JGL
4. Bale
5. Hardy
6 = Oldman
6 = Freeman
6 = Cotillard

I'm influenced by the characters, so this ranking may not be based on just 'acting'.

1. JGL
2. Bale
3. Anne
4. Caine
5. Oldman
6. Freeman
7. Hardy
8. Cotillard
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Who would've thought this many people would put JGL over Hardy? What was that talli saying, I remember he said once that you are going to be surprised by how little amount of screen time John Blake has. :facepalm: