[SPOILERS] Plot Holes

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
If Bruce jumps from the Bat, how does he survive the blast, or the water?

Answer: He doesn't. He switches Bats.

Do you recall that there is a moment between when we see Batman flying the bomb out and when BLAKE sees the Bats?
There is some sort of explosion, and then, Blake sees the Bats fly through the smoke.

THAT'S when I think something happened, when the switch was made.

That also helped me explain something else that bothered me right after I saw the film

At first, I thought that Nolan was cutting way too fast when we see Bruce in the cockpit and then see the Bats flying out to sea.
After thinking about how the switch was made between Bats, that's when I realized that it must be Bruce WATCHING the other Bat go out to sea!
This is my theory as well!
I think that I remember hearing that there were 3 Bats. There is obviously more than 1 because we see one get blown up and then at the end they are examining one and see that the Autopilot was fixed. 3 would also make sense because one can blow up, one can be examined at the end, and one can be Bruce and potentially Kyle's getaway vehicle. I agree that it happens during that explosion when Blake yells that the explosion is starting. Why is there an explosion there? Its clearly not the neutron bomb. I think its possible that Bruce uses the weapons on the Bat to create a distraction, sets the Bat with the bomb on autopilot and gets out, possibly into a different Bat.

kahern93 wrote:
If Bruce jumps from the Bat, how does he survive the blast, or the water?

Answer: He doesn't. He switches Bats.

Do you recall that there is a moment between when we see Batman flying the bomb out and when BLAKE sees the Bats?
There is some sort of explosion, and then, Blake sees the Bats fly through the smoke.

THAT'S when I think something happened, when the switch was made.

That also helped me explain something else that bothered me right after I saw the film

At first, I thought that Nolan was cutting way too fast when we see Bruce in the cockpit and then see the Bats flying out to sea.
After thinking about how the switch was made between Bats, that's when I realized that it must be Bruce WATCHING the other Bat go out to sea!
This is my theory as well!
I think that I remember hearing that there were 3 Bats. There is obviously more than 1 because we see one get blown up and then at the end they are examining one and see that the Autopilot was fixed. 3 would also make sense because one can blow up, one can be examined at the end, and one can be Bruce and potentially Kyle's getaway vehicle. I agree that it happens during that explosion when Blake yells that the explosion is starting. Why is there an explosion there? Its clearly not the neutron bomb. I think its possible that Bruce uses the weapons on the Bat to create a distraction, sets the Bat with the bomb on autopilot and gets out, possibly into a different Bat.
Good call.

Many of y'all are confusing artistic liberties with what really defines as a PLOT HOLE. Saying something that doesn't seem plausible in you point of view isn't a plot hole.

A real plot hole would be like
how Bruce was able to return BACK to Gotham

well this probably had been explained countless times in the prologue thread, but i am just going to ask here:
1. how did the CIA plane couldn't detect the huge plane which is flying towards them?
2. y the CIA agent didn't even bother to check who were those men whose head was covered by bags before allowing them onto the plane?

gluvnast wrote:Many of y'all are confusing artistic liberties with what really defines as a PLOT HOLE. Saying something that doesn't seem plausible in you point of view isn't a plot hole.

A real plot hole would be like
how Bruce was able to return BACK to Gotham
Maybe. But we also never see
1) How Bane delivers Bruce to the jail. Plane? Helicopter? It doesn't really matter since we assume that Bane has the resources to do so.
2) How Bruce gets back to Gotham, true, But does the viewer really need information that detailed? He's BRUCE WAYNE, for Pete's sake--he traveled the world in BB with no wallet/ID. I'm sure he could sneak back in--He's the Batman.
3) Actually a bigger plot hole is how Bruce would NOT be able to get back into Gotham. Sure, the bridges are blown up. But does Bane have people at EVERY point along Gotham's perimeter? I doubt it.

Dan_87 wrote:well this probably had been explained countless times in the prologue thread, but i am just going to ask here:
1. how did the CIA plane couldn't detect the huge plane which is flying towards them?
2. y the CIA agent didn't even bother to check who were those men whose head was covered by bags before allowing them onto the plane?
Answer: The "willing suspension of disbelief," as coined by Samuel Coleridge in 1817.

JMan wrote:
Dan_87 wrote:well this probably had been explained countless times in the prologue thread, but i am just going to ask here:
Answer: The "willing suspension of disbelief," as coined by Samuel Coleridge in 1817.
well i am willing to do that, my friend won't though, kept bugging me with that after the screening....i was just looking for plausible explanation just to shut him up

Dan_87 wrote:
JMan wrote:
well i am willing to do that, my friend won't though, kept bugging me with that after the screening....i was just looking for plausible explanation just to shut him up
What difference would looking under the hood make? If he saw it was Bane, would he have done anything different? No, he would have still taken him onboard the plane.
Tell your friend I said, "Sitcha ass down!"

This thread.

It was a mess for a Nolan movie, but it pretty much did all the things people love nerd comic book movies for. But what made Nolan's Batman films so great were that they DIDN'T do those same things and they took their audience seriously. They didn't dumb anything down. This one dumbs everything down.
Bruce has an injured leg, but just puts on some brace and he's all better, it's never touched on again

Bruce gets his back broken, lays down on his stomach for what feels like 4 hours, then does pushups and is all better.

Why did they send every Gotham police officer into the sewers, including the swat team? Oh, wait, as John Blake put it, "not all of them." I died laughing during that part. CORNY. What happens if someone commits a regular crime like robbing a liquor store or stealing a car?

And how the hell did Bruce learn to fly the Bat? Did he take an afternoon pilots class in between saying wassup to Lucious and thens suiting up and driving it a couple hours later?

Again, these things work in corny superhero movies that have slow-motion karate and silly one-liners like (oh, wait, this movie had tons of those too), but they don't work in the Nolan Batman movies because we expect more from them and that's what made them so great. This one = not so great.