[SPOILERS] Plot Holes

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Syncopy528491 wrote:If anyone has any plot holes they would like to share and discuss than this is the place to do so.
plot holes:
After Bruce's self imposed exile he shaves and seems to be in and is physically and mentally back to old Bruce all from Bruce's pep talk and Alfred's whining.
After Bruce and Miranda sleep together, Bruce decides to go into the bat gave and suit up. He is muscly and can walk perfectly
Bruce repairing his leg (which had been injured for eight years) in a matter of days with some sort of brace
Bruce's back being healed so quickly. One scene he was hanging from the rope to straighten his back ( which I won't even go into the impossibility of) and the next scene he is doing pushups and situps with his back perfectly straight.
Also once he escapes from this prison which we has no guards and he manages to come back to Gotham without any money in a matter of a few days with brand new clothes meeting Ms.Kyle.
After Talia stabs Bruce pretty damn well and he is screaming in pain he is fine after Catwoman saves him from Bane
Once this nuclear bomb is armed Bruce attaches it to the Bat and flies it to the sea where he let's it detonate. If this is a regular Nuclear bomb then wouldn't Gotham be covered with radiation and or completely destroyed since the bomb had the ability to blow the whole of Gotham into ashes.
Also if Bruce really is alive then how could he escape the Bat before the bomb explodes
Also do you think Nolan was going for the ambigous ending once again?
If anyone could rebut these plot holes than please do so (I really tried to like TDKR) :goNF:
Most of these are due to the passage of time. I was discussing this with my girlfriend that theres only 3 signifiers of time in this part. Bane mentions that the bomb takes 5 months to be ready, the weather goes from clear, to snow, to clear again and a TV days day 88.
We both agreed that the less savvy of viewers could easily miss these but really that whole scene was a 20 minute montage spanning nearly 5 months meaning he could well be capable of healing enough.

JONATHAN3D wrote:I understand the explanation given in the film, but this particular scene will definitely be picked apart by established opponents of Christopher Nolan:
GCPD letting Bane on a motorbike drive right past them.
That's true, but
they didn't actually know it was Bane. Like Foley says, who would they rather catch: some robber or the man who killed Harvey Dent?

DesertTurtle wrote:
JONATHAN3D wrote:I understand the explanation given in the film, but this particular scene will definitely be picked apart by established opponents of Christopher Nolan:
GCPD letting Bane on a motorbike drive right past them.
That's true, but
they didn't actually know it was Bane. Like Foley says, who would they rather catch: some robber or the man who killed Harvey Dent?
Like I said twice, I know. I'm not bothered by it, but I recognized aspects to it that might come into play as people begin nitpicking.
GCPD are stupid, lol. They've always been (except for Gordon and Blake). Foley's leadership was comedic and like all of you guys mentioned in your reply to me, he was ignorant to set eyes on Batman only. Kinda strengthened Blake as a worthy successor to Bruce Wayne (he was the smartest character).

I noticed how they somehow
changed a nuclear reactor into a nuclear bomb in what seemed to be minutes.

To the guy who mentioned that it was night time in the chase after Bane made his attack on the stock exchange, I noticed this too, but then I think I realized that the whole scene is on an underground bridge and the edges are walls that look dark making it seem like it is nght time. That is what it looked like on second view, but I definitely could be wrong.

One more thing too. Remember when Bane killed the guy from the US government with the special force team by choking him out? Well later in the movie when they try to stop one of the trucks with the bus, the camera pans to three guys, and he is standing there! hahaha Check it out next time you see it :p

xSeanZx wrote:
To the guy who mentioned that it was night time in the chase after Bane made his attack on the stock exchange, I noticed this too, but then I think I realized that the whole scene is on an underground bridge and the edges are walls that look dark making it seem like it is nght time. That is what it looked like on second view, but I definitely could be wrong.

One more thing too. Remember when Bane killed the guy from the US government with the special force team by choking him out? Well later in the movie when they try to stop one of the trucks with the bus, the camera pans to three guys, and he is standing there! hahaha Check it out next time you see it :p
Lol what the fuck? No way. :lol:

Plot hole: Are there two Bats?
If Bruce jumps from the Bat, how does he survive the blast, or the water?

Answer: He doesn't. He switches Bats.

Do you recall that there is a moment between when we see Batman flying the bomb out and when BLAKE sees the Bats?
There is some sort of explosion, and then, Blake sees the Bats fly through the smoke.

THAT'S when I think something happened, when the switch was made.

That also helped me explain something else that bothered me right after I saw the film

At first, I thought that Nolan was cutting way too fast when we see Bruce in the cockpit and then see the Bats flying out to sea.
After thinking about how the switch was made between Bats, that's when I realized that it must be Bruce WATCHING the other Bat go out to sea!
Anyway, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
Last edited by JMan on July 20th, 2012, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

People calm down. Some of this are not even plot holes, just unrealistic situations.

If can buy that a Giant Ape falls in love with a blonde girl I can buy that a man dressed as a Bat could flee from a fictive explosion.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:People calm down. Some of this are not even plot holes, just unrealistic situations.

If can buy that a Giant Ape falls in love with a blonde girl I can buy that a man dressed as a Bat could flee from a fictive explosion.
Absolutely. Why?
Because he's the fucking Batman!

JMan wrote:
didich wrote:People calm down. Some of this are not even plot holes, just unrealistic situations.

Absolutely. Why?
Because he's the fucking Batman!
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.