NF Reviews/Reactions Only

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Can we say that the brilliance of this movie is that there are soo many ways you can interpret it that it allows the viewer to decide for the first time how the story ends? If that's not a great parting gift i don't know what is.

A lot of people say it should have cut to black with just Alfred nodding, but I disagree. Bruce's story ending has to be definitive. It had to end, no stones unturned. Bu with Blake, thats where it makes sense to throw in some ambiguity. My 2 cents.
Sigs???

Batfan175 wrote:Can we say that the brilliance of this movie is that there are soo many ways you can interpret it that it allows the viewer to decide for the first time how the story ends? If that's not a great parting gift i don't know what is.
Except that Bruce's arc is not open for interpretation. Bruce dying would mean he committed suicide. The autopilot was fixed, and yet he chose to kill himself anyway.

ryan4butler wrote:I thought there should have been a bigger moment between Batman and Gordon. This part felt rush knowing the time was running out but it was like "who are you" "I'm Bruce Wayne" I thought there should have been more with them.
I thought so too.
Before Batman gets in the Bat, they should've had a moment together to build up the scene. It would've it made more emotional.

kthevs wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:Can we say that the brilliance of this movie is that there are soo many ways you can interpret it that it allows the viewer to decide for the first time how the story ends? If that's not a great parting gift i don't know what is.
Except that Bruce's arc is not open for interpretation. Bruce dying would mean he committed suicide. The autopilot was fixed, and yet he chose to kill himself anyway.
...he survived :eh:
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
kthevs wrote:
...he survived :eh:
You are kidding, right.
It's painfully obvious he survived. I've never seen Nolan us over the head in such an obvious way. The scenes with autopilot and Gordon and the missing pearls. The music and directing in the cafe scene, etc.

This isn't Inception . Bruce clearly survived .
The new Bat signal and the auto pilot being fixed clearly . Nevermind Bruce nods to Alfred[. The whole film hinted at Bruce and Selena both looking to start over and they got their wish

Would people even be questioning this if Nolan never made Inception? No .

TJ418 wrote:This isn't Inception . Bruce clearly survived .
The new Bat signal and the auto pilot being fixed clearly . Nevermind Bruce nods to Alfred[. The whole film hinted at Bruce and Selena both looking to start over and they got their wish

Would people even be questioning this if Nolan never made Inception? No .
Exactly.

As I have said I
would have liked a more emotional death for Bane. after he takes off his mask and reveals himself to be Talia's protector, she stabs Bruce and tells him her true identity.

juliansplat4 wrote:As I have said I
would have liked a more emotional death for Bane. after he takes off his mask and reveals himself to be Talia's protector, she stabs Bruce and tells him her true identity.
I honestly was mediocre to it. I liked that Catwoman killed him because she locked Batman out and she did that to make up for it. I didn't like it because it wasn't emotional. If anyone should've had a better death, it should've been Foley.