NF Reviews/Reactions Only

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Posted this in: "What was the last movie you watched?"

This is easily one of the greatest films I have seen in my life. It made TDK look like Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin.

+ Incredible performances from Hardy, Hathaway, JGL, and Caine (especially).
+ Incredible script work
+ Uprising feeling in the film
+ The perfect conclusion to Wayne's story.

THE VERDICT: 10/10

That's all folks!

Fran wrote:I saw it yesterday. My initial reaction to the film...........

I thought Hardy did a phenomenal job as Bane. He did justice to the character and established Bane as one of the most feared villains to ever be on screen. That said, I was really disappointed that Bane ended up being sort of a pawn in the end. I would've liked it if Bane had his own unique reasons for being in Gotham. I felt they dropped the ball with Bane as far as making him an intricate villain. I understand that Bane is about physicality and strength which was presented perfectly in the film. But he's also highly intelligent. They didn't really show the genius of Bane, only the control and the influence that he exerts over others. The writing for Bane was not great in my opinion and really kept him from being more than what he was.

Also, I had a problem with how he was eventually defeated.
It would've been better if Batman broke Bane's mask completely to the point that it came off. Bane dying because of that would've been better.
I do have some issues with the film, specifically with the writing. But overall, I would I say I enjoyed it.

I give it a 8.5/10 (may change after more viewings).

As far as trilogy goes........

TDK - 9/10
TDKR - 8.5/10
BB - 8/10

Successful Trilogy
yeah, at the end i didn't think of Bane as a pawn at all. as someone said, Talia was sort of like the president and Bane the war-general, but both had their own motivations for their actions and Talia's seeking to honor her father's last mission was an excuse for Bane to unleash his pent-up rage and animosity on Gotham--i thought they both ended up very interesting, dynamic characters with the hints of their relationship/friendship being a nice touch of intrigue and mystery

Red Hood wrote:This is easily one of the greatest films I have seen in my life. It made TDK look like Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin.
see, here's another comment on the opposite side of things that also boggles my mind. but to each his own.

Fran wrote:I saw it yesterday. My initial reaction to the film...........

I thought Hardy did a phenomenal job as Bane. He did justice to the character and established Bane as one of the most feared villains to ever be on screen. That said, I was really disappointed that Bane ended up being sort of a pawn in the end. I would've liked it if Bane had his own unique reasons for being in Gotham. I felt they dropped the ball with Bane as far as making him an intricate villain. I understand that Bane is about physicality and strength which was presented perfectly in the film. But he's also highly intelligent. They didn't really show the genius of Bane, only the control and the influence that he exerts over others. The writing for Bane was not great in my opinion and really kept him from being more than what he was.

Also, I had a problem with how he was eventually defeated.
It would've been better if Batman broke Bane's mask completely to the point that it came off. Bane dying because of that would've been better.
I do have some issues with the film, specifically with the writing. But overall, I would I say I enjoyed it.

I give it a 8.5/10 (may change after more viewings).

As far as trilogy goes........

TDK - 9/10
TDKR - 8.5/10
BB - 8/10

Successful Trilogy
i don't see how Bane was portrayed as not intelligent. he was pretty eloquent, literate, had a cunning plan...

Knowing how the story played out, it might've been Talia's plan. Bane was just responsible in carrying it out.

Totally ruined complete Nolan batman series for me.
There was no need for any new character,last two movies had me so much emotionally attached to :oldmanface: ,Bruce wayne .
How can you waste such a powerful character as :oldmanface: in this series. They made bane look like an idiot at the climax.
First time in my life i was so excited for a movie that a prebooked the ticket a month back. Major Disappointment.
The legend ends not batman but nolan. everyone of his movies is based on an idea ,this one is just just mainstream without logic.

:-D After seeing THE DARK KNIGHT RISES twice in 24 hrs, I have to say this is one of the best movies i've ever seen!!. Everything was spectacular, Nolan's Direction,Acting,Production Design,Cinematography,Editing and Writing. I only have 2 minor problems!
The way Catwoman finds out Bruce is Batman
The way John Blake finds out Bruce is Batman
9.5/10

I'm in the minority here so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.

The Dark Knight 10/10
Batman Begins 9/10
The Dark Knight Rises 7/10. Maybe

Too much lazy exposition, monologues, and even twists that never feel truly deserved. The tone is darker and yet at times it's too dark with....
civilians getting hanged and other characters suffering through horrible on screen deaths. I like a dark Batman, but this one hit us over the head with Zimmer's pounding score and yet it's the most comical and comic booky.
Some big moments are never really earned and the film is far too rushed and yet it isn't long enough considering how much is going on. The 2nd half in prison is really dull.

Seen it 3 times , and I stand by opinion this is the Best Batman film am very likely going to ever see . What a trilogy . I prefer this over TDK simply because its about Bruce Wayne and Not Harvey Dent . The female Lead Selena Kyle is far more interesting than Rachel ,andit feels closer to its roots as a comic book . I love TDK . I really do but this was an epic masterpiece

I thought there should have been a bigger moment between Batman and Gordon. This part felt rush knowing the time was running out but it was like "who are you" "I'm Bruce Wayne" I thought there should have been more with them.
Brave New World