I've just seen TDKR.... (no spoilers on view)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Allstar wrote:
Based4Life wrote: He didn't mention the Joker. :twothumbsup:
and if someone gave that a reason how exactly is that a problem? :roll: I guess you don't have respect for the character and Heath's performance if you get annoyed by that.
lol. :facepalm:

Based4Life wrote:
Allstar wrote: and if someone gave that a reason how exactly is that a problem? :roll: I guess you don't have respect for the character and Heath's performance if you get annoyed by that.
:| Kidding right?
Why do you say don't mention The Joker? Do you not agree a brilliant character and performance could possibly make one film better than another if it is a close call?

Red Hood wrote:
LetTheGamesBegin wrote:Just back from a screening at IMAX in Southampton, UK. Was a general public screening, no critics, well not that I know of.

Outstanding film, for fans who've waited, like I have, it's worth the wait. Bane is a monster, absolutely terrifying villain. Anne Hathaway is fantastic. Bale great as per. Great ending, just a supremely epic film, nothing I've seen as of late comes close. It's almost too much to take in, so glad seeing again in 2 days.
What would you rate it, on a scale of 1 to 10?
id go 9/10 on first viewing, i preferred it to previous two on first viewing. must see again, can't wait.

darthnazgul wrote:
Based4Life wrote: What do you mean not as good? In what ways? Dont you dare mention the Joker...
I have two main complaints but I can't discuss them without spoiling. And I'm on my iPod so I can't type too much. Let's just say that in terms of flaws TDK had less and frankly Nolan could have done a bit better but Rise was incredibly emotional. Including a moment that will go down as one of the most inspirational in the history of film. I'm talking Shawshank Redemption level of emotions.
Would you say you liked it better than Begins?

Red Hood wrote:
Based4Life wrote: What do you mean not as good? In what ways? Dont you dare mention the Joker...
Or the length...
Bane is incomparible to Joker, there just different, both excellent in there own way.

never has a near 3 hr film flown by so fast.

NotWearingHockeyPads wrote:
LetTheGamesBegin wrote:Just back from a screening at IMAX in Southampton, UK. Was a general public screening, no critics, well not that I know of.

Outstanding film, for fans who've waited, like I have, it's worth the wait. Bane is a monster, absolutely terrifying villain. Anne Hathaway is fantastic. Bale great as per. Great ending, just a supremely epic film, nothing I've seen as of late comes close. It's almost too much to take in, so glad seeing again in 2 days.
I've heard mixed things on a rumored final scene. Did you like it?
Yes, the final scene was perfect way to finish trilogy.

BlairCo wrote:How big is Juno Temple's role, exactly?
Its a small part, a fun one, but small.

YourLiberation123 wrote:
Allstar wrote: and if someone gave that a reason how exactly is that a problem? :roll: I guess you don't have respect for the character and Heath's performance if you get annoyed by that.
lol. :facepalm:
same people who complain about mentioning the joker, are the same people who were saying Bane will be better than Joker every time a new spot or trailer came out. Ledger was a huge part of TDK being great, and his performance can be a deciding factor of which one is better. There is a number of other factors, but I don't think its stupid to say that would have an impact.
Last edited by Durden on July 18th, 2012, 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LetTheGamesBegin wrote:
Its a small part, a fun one, but small.
Yeah she's in the film for like 5 minutes, tops

Red Hood wrote:
I'm betting a very, very, small role like TDK's Bank Manager and the hobo with the coat in BB.
slightly more air time than those roles