Just saw TDKR, here's my review ( big time Spoilers)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Batmannerism wrote:I'd like to respond to the query about if everyone knows Bruce was Batman at the end of the film
That takes something away from the mystery of Batman.

It'd be better if the general public didn't find out the true identity of Batman and as far as they are concerned Bruce Wayne the billionaire died with a other bunch of rich people at hands of Bane and his army.

Here's my reply. As far as i could tell, NO, when Blake says to Gordon that no one will know who really saved the city,
Gordon replies "Everyone knows, it was the Batman" and then a statue of Batman is unveilled, the implication is that no one knew he was Batman (except Gordon who only figures it out when Batman tells him that heroes put their jackets around the shoulders of scared kids). The tiny funeral is for Bruce, only Fox, Blake Alfred, and Gordon are there.
Now I had just sat through nearly 3 hours of mind blowing Batmania, but as far as I know, Bruce's identity was still secret,
especially considering his earlier comment to Blake, that "anybody could be Batman" .
Hope this helps, you're gonna love the film
O
kay so if the general public of Gotham doesn't find out about the true identity of Batman and they don't know about the funeral for Bruce I'm assuming? Do they think that Bruce Wayne the billionaire is still alive?

Dude, you really have got to put spoiler tags on, some folks get really pissed if you
reveal details about the film (although then again, they probably shouldn't be reading this thread)

Anyway, about your query....
The funeral is a small one, just Fox, Alfred, Blake and Gordon (Gordon reads the Eulogy by the way, not Alfred,
because someone posted that earlier). I don't remember an express mention of a public perception that Bruce
is dead, although you'd think because the statue is of "the Batman" rather than Bruce Wayne, that no one
(other than the previously mentioned 4) knows the truth. I still strongly believe that Nolan's intent was to
leave Batman anonymous, there's a lot of talk about masks in the film.

Also, I forgot to mention there's a reading of Bruce's will, now he's lost most of his money, but what he does have left he
leaves to Alfred, and the House is donated, to become a home for orphans. Exactly how the public think Bruce died, I couldn't say, maybe after a second viewing I'll know, but they do know he's dead.
I reckon that Nolan kind of skipped over that, because it isn't really that important. A lot of people would have died in the months that Bane was in charge.
The main thing is that Bruce has moved on (something Alfred tried to get him to do early on in the film).
Hope this helps. I reckon you'll enjoy the film a lot. Cheers.

idealist wrote:
Batmannerism wrote:I'd like to respond to the query about if everyone knows Bruce was Batman at the end of the film
That takes something away from the mystery of Batman.

It'd be better if the general public didn't find out the true identity of Batman and as far as they are concerned Bruce Wayne the billionaire died with a other bunch of rich people at hands of Bane and his army.

Here's my reply. As far as i could tell, NO, when Blake says to Gordon that no one will know who really saved the city,
Gordon replies "Everyone knows, it was the Batman" and then a statue of Batman is unveilled, the implication is that no one knew he was Batman (except Gordon who only figures it out when Batman tells him that heroes put their jackets around the shoulders of scared kids). The tiny funeral is for Bruce, only Fox, Blake Alfred, and Gordon are there.
Now I had just sat through nearly 3 hours of mind blowing Batmania, but as far as I know, Bruce's identity was still secret,
especially considering his earlier comment to Blake, that "anybody could be Batman" .
Hope this helps, you're gonna love the film
Okay so if the general public of Gotham doesn't find out about the true identity of Batman and they don't know about the funeral for Bruce I'm assuming? Do they think that Bruce Wayne the billionaire is still alive?
We told you many times and it's not that hard to fucking get it. Reported for not using spoiler tags.

RIFA wrote:
idealist wrote:
We told you many times and it's not that hard to fucking get it. Reported for not using spoiler tags.
Sorry about this I'm dyslexic and sometimes get confused on where to put spoiler tags.

noland wrote:i have just one question: is the end of the Nokia trailer/MTV/featurette music in the movie somewhere? i don't want to know where, i just want to know if it is in there or not.
bump

hey i was a midnight screening in nz too lol as we were going into batman begins, you guys were getting ready to see the tdkr. may I, ask how you won those tickets please? I'm from Auckland too

JUST SAW IT AGAIN. EVEN BETTER THE SECOND TIME! WOW!

Just got out of seeing the film...9/10!!!!!!!

Brilliant!

noland wrote:
noland wrote:i have just one question: is the end of the Nokia trailer/MTV/featurette music in the movie somewhere? i don't want to know where, i just want to know if it is in there or not.
bump
It's not.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

Hey here's a video of fan reactions after the 6:30 screening of TDKR last night, the first
audience in NZ to see the film. The really dorky guy with glasses in the Batman t-shirt is ME !

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/fi ... ight-Rises

I look like a massive geek, but I don't care ! My wife is hiding from the cameras in embarrassment.