RT Guesses ?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Cilogy wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:For everyone who thought things through with objectivity and didn't let their love for Nolan distract them, and predicted that this film would get in the 80 percentile on RT, raise your hand. :wave:

I remember when I made the prediction months ago, I was scorned and ridiculed because I had been skeptical of the film from the get-go. Gonna find out just how good it is tonight.
Then leave the site. :wave:
and Cilogy, you're a perfect example of what I'm referring to. People here were so obsessed with TDKR that they proclaimed it the greatest film ever before it had even been released. Any criticism or skepticism was automatically met with sarcasm and disdain. Does it make me any less of a Nolan fan because I thought the film would get less praise than TDK? No. But for all the hate that I got for months from the regulars here, it's a bit of karma to see them in disbelief and their heads about to explode when TDKR is in the 80 percentile on RT. I hope I come back on here with a glowing review of the film tomorrow by the way.

Skyab23 wrote:
Cilogy wrote: Then leave the site. :wave:
and Cilogy, you're a perfect example of what I'm referring to. People here were so obsessed with TDKR that they proclaimed it the greatest film ever before it had even been released. Any criticism or skepticism was automatically met with sarcasm and disdain. Does it make me any less of a Nolan fan because I thought the film would get less praise than TDK? No. But for all the hate that I got for months from the regulars here, it's a bit of karma to see them in disbelief and their heads about to explode when TDKR is in the 80 percentile on RT. I hope I come back on here with a glowing review of the film tomorrow by the way.
The only thing that matters is that we like it ourselves.
Brave New World

Skyab23 wrote:
Cilogy wrote: Then leave the site. :wave:
I don't think he is obsessed I think he feels the same way I do about people like you that want to puff out there chest with the 'I told you so' bs and then say they are still going to see the movie to see if it is good. Why bother going to see it with that attitude. You should be like most of us: excited, can't wait to see this movie. You act like an RT% is going to make or break most of us and it won't. You also act like the RT% is in the low 70s or 60s or something. The score is still in the high 80's so people stating it would be in the 90's aren't too far off. Puffing your chest out about it being in the high 80s comes off as extremely shallow.

Skyab23 wrote:For everyone who thought things through with objectivity and didn't let their love for Nolan distract them, and predicted that this film would get in the 80 percentile on RT, raise your hand. :wave:

I remember when I made the prediction months ago, I was scorned and ridiculed because I had been skeptical of the film from the get-go. Gonna find out just how good it is tonight.
I personally thought that the 80s, while possible of course, were not really probable. I always thought between 90%-95%. Between 92%-97% after the first twitter reactions, although those were a bit misleading.

bootsy wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:Actually, I noticed, though the percentage has been about the same (84-87%), the average rating has been steadily dropping. It's at 8.1 now.
And that's somehow bad.
For those who care about RT, it is.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

8.1 is still an OK rating for Rotten Tomatoes considering the meter. Inception and The Avengers also only had 8.
Last edited by Drewton on July 19th, 2012, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bootsy wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:
I don't think he is obsessed I think he feels the same way I do about people like you that want to puff out there chest with the 'I told you so' bs and then say they are still going to see the movie to see if it is good. Why bother going to see it with that attitude. You should be like most of us: excited, can't wait to see this movie. You act like an RT% is going to make or break most of us and it won't. You also act like the RT% is in the low 70s or 60s or something. The score is still in the high 80's so people stating it would be in the 90's aren't too far off. Puffing your chest out about it being in the high 80s comes off as extremely shallow.

Oh so it's ok to ridiculue and curse and slander people when they have reasonable criticisms, as many did to me over the last few months, but it's not alright for me to state that I predicted it would get in the 80s? The 80's is a great percentile and I stated earlier that one of my favorite films The Prestige is only in the 70s. I just merely get a bit of satisfaction knowing that all the know it alls here have to see it's score lower than Avengers. It's a bit of poetic justice if you will.

Skyab23 wrote:
bootsy wrote:

Oh so it's ok to ridiculue and curse and slander people when they have reasonable criticisms, as many did to me over the last few months, but it's not alright for me to state that I predicted it would get in the 80s? The 80's is a great percentile and I stated earlier that one of my favorite films The Prestige is only in the 70s. I just merely get a bit of satisfaction knowing that all the know it alls here have to see it's score lower than Avengers. It's a bit of poetic justice if you will.
Getting satisfaction off of hoping a score is lower is a problem. A disturbing problem. Also it may be lower than Avengers on RT but it isn't lower anywhere else as far as I can see. The mere fact that you mention Avengers like some others have when talking about TDKR tells me all I need to know about you.

By doing some calculations and predictions...
TDKR will end up with
AC: 89% (If the total of critics are 250 and there is about 25 rotten reviews)
TC: 82% (If the total of critics are 45 and there is about 8 rotten reviews)
And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig

bootsy wrote:Getting satisfaction off of hoping a score is lower is a problem. A disturbing problem.
Seriously? :JGLface:

brickarts295 wrote:By doing some calculations and predictions...
TDKR will end up with
AC: 89% (If the total of critics are 250 and there is about 25 rotten reviews)
TC: 82% (If the total of critics are 45 and there is about 8 rotten reviews)
That's very good. How many movies of this caliber and this year alone are going to end up with numbers like that. Not very many. The only movies with 150 reviews or more that have a higher RT% than TDKR are: Moonrise Kingdom(94%), The Avengers(92%), and The Cabin In The Woods(90%). Only one has a higher avg rating than TDKR and that is Moonrise Kingdom (8.2/10)