The TDKR Reviews/Twitter Buzz Only Thread

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Archer Dalton ‏@ArcherDalton
My buddy (a film critic) texted me after a screening of The Dark Knight Rises. Apparently, it's unbelievably brilliant. Best of the trilogy.

Just another reminder of this thread's rules for newcomers and because I shouldn't have to be deleting posts here.
Cilogy wrote:There will be no discussion in this thread - that will all happen in the respective threads.

This way people won't have to search through 20 pages of the other threads to find the latest reviews/buzz.

So here are the rules:
1. Only new updates may be posted.
2. No duplicate updates.
3. No discussion.
4. Link to the original source of the update.
5. If you want, link to the respective discussion thread at the end of the post.

This could be really helpful and cool if we make it work guys, so please participate and participate properly. Think about it, whenever there is new buzz or reviews, you will know because there is a new post in this thread!

Thanks. Please send any question or suggestions via PM or post them in the Suggestions and Comment section of the board.
and if CrazyEight/robboadam or anyone reports this post I'm gonna laugh then give your ass a warning yo.

User named Naiknat posted his review on the film in the comment section of this link: http://screenrant.com/dark-knight-rises ... dy-185167/ He also posted spoilers, which I will not post them here.
Best conclusion to a film I have seen since ‘The Shawshank Redemption’. That’s all I can say. 9.2/10

I would probably rank the films like this…

Batman Begins – 8.4/10
The Dark Knight – 8.7/10
The Dark Knight Rises – 9.2/10

Best film trilogy since ‘The Lord of the Rings’. The only thing that really stopped this film from scoring higher was that, unfortunately, it does drag a little bit. The running time was my only concern going in. It’s not so much a fault in the film itself (the running time is necessary to bring the trilogy full circle, and to answer any unresolved questions), I just got a little uncomfortable sitting in the theatre for so long haha.

And yes, there was a standing ovation at the end. Brilliant, brilliant film. Literally in the same league as ‘The Godfather: Part II’ in terms of story-telling and character. The real question is, what’s next for Mr. Nolan?

https://twitter.com/anonymousexc
Savages is great, vintage Stone. Spider-Man is okay. The Dark Knight Rises is brilliant. I think the Dark Knight Rises was the most powerful experience of the year for me. Watched the development hell on the first one. And now I've seen the true potential of that character. Superheroes aren't my bag, but still great filmmaking. I saw so many people walk away from Batman with a destroyed soul. Christopher Nolan conquered it. The simple fact is that they DID IT.

This is sort of in the same vein as that Geoff Boucher article from a couple of days ago. The author of this one, Hugh Hart, has clearly seen the film in the way he titles his article ("Nolan Vision: Making the Masterful Dark Knight Rises") and in this paragraph:

The Nolans and members of The Dark Knight Rises’ cast gathered here Sunday to discuss the making of the final film in their Batman trilogy. With Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, Christopher Nolan and his team set a new gold standard for superhero movies. Their latest picture cranks up the stakes with hellacious action sequences and deep character arcs that unify the entire Bruce Wayne/Batman saga with a richly satisfying payoff.

Source: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/07/ ... ent-talks/

Jamie Ottley ‏@JayOttley
The Dark Knight Rises was the masterpiece of all comic films, the best was saved for last... Oscar for Best Picture and Bane as Tom Hardy

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainme ... her-nolan/
For two and a half hours, I was completely taken into another world. I experienced that larger than life sensation of watching a perfectly constructed story play out, it really was a palpable feeling. After watching the film, I had a renewed sense of childlike wonder. It felt like I saw “Batman” again for the very first time.

As we left the screening room, and parted ways with the PR people, The intuitive Mr. Connelly let me have it. “Ok, now you can let it out” he said. I screamed, like an excited school girl.

apw