Name the next batman movie

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Name the next batman movie

Caped Crusader
23%
World Greatest's Detective
1%
Dark Knight 2
3%
The Batman
24%
Other, explain
49%

Total votes: 116

Whatever it is called not only am I sure the title will grow on us but that the title will correlate very well with the story which will lead us to accept it even more so. I no longer care what the film is called because it doesn't matter. After seven phenomenal films, two of which being Batman, I am thoroughly confident that Chris Nolan and his team will deliver us yet another amazing motion picture experience.

My favored title is GOTHAM CITY. Batman does not just live in Gotham he is shaping it, changing it, defending it, altering its entire history, helping along with the citizens of Gotham to redeem the city he holds dear, the city his family held dear. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were more than just Batman movies. They are films about a very corrupt city trying to save itself, a city so corrupt Ras felt it beyond saving and needing to be destroyed. And while Batman has worked as an anecdote the city continues to be injected with chaotic viruses such as the Joker.

Gotham City has been the central character and thesis of these films. Does no one else agree with me? Batman is not interested in unobtainable goals like world peace just protecting the city of Gotham which is not just where he lives but the reason he does what he does. Yes he is the cause of an effect but his purpose goes beyond vengeance and that purpose is protecting, defending, guarding GOTHAM CITY!!! I understand if you don't like the title I just want to stress my opinion of why it does make some sense just like Batman Begins did and The Dark Knight did.

Also, I think people are looking at the title from a linear perspective like, "Why would you name a movie after a city?" Why not and it's been done before. Again I'm not saying this has to be the title, so many others make sense also or can be made to work depending on the story I'm just saying why I like Gotham City.

I think it also sounds as cool as these other movie titles... Dark City, Sin City, Gotham City

Batman very much revolves around Gotham, whereas Spiderman is really just fighting crime in New York rather than trying to save the city itself and Superman can't be called Metropolis because there are already 2 huge groundbreaking films entitled "Metropolis."

Gotham works as a title for a Batman film because BATMAN IS GOTHAM CITY. They are 2 halves of a whole. And when you walk up to someone and say Gotham City, they are likely going to know your talking about Batman. No other hero that I know of has such a direct connection/relationship with the city in which they reside. Everything from crime alley to Arkham to Blackgate penitentiary is all very Gotham, very Batman.

And lastly Batman Begins I thought was unusual. I thought it was a working title for the longest. But now I think it sounds cool and I can't imagine the film by any other name because it fits the story so it really all just depends on the story which I am sure will be great.

Off the top of my head...

FALL OF GOTHAM
DARK VICTORY
ARKHAM APOCALYPSE

more coming

The Batman Saga: Breaking Dawn
B3: The Mighty Batman
The Batman Years
Good Batman Hunting
Who's Afraid Of The Batman?
Drag Batman To Hell
The Dark Batman
Batman Royale
A View To A Batman
The Man With the Golden Batman
The Batman Who Loved Me
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Shadow of The Bat or Siege of Gotham

Cilogy wrote:The Batman Saga: Breaking Dawn
B3: The Mighty Batman
The Batman Years
Good Batman Hunting
Who's Afraid Of The Batman?
Drag Batman To Hell
The Dark Batman
Batman Royale
A View To A Batman
The Man With the Golden Batman
The Batman Who Loved Me
To kill a Batman

Batmanowski: Batman in Russia

Dude, Where is my Batmobil?

The Dark...End >_>

The Gotham Asylum

finally all the citizens of Gotham lost their minds and the whole city became an asylum itself..

Mr.Hmmm wrote:Batmanowski: Batman in Russia

The Dark...End >_>

The Gotham Asylum

finally all the citizens of Gotham lost their minds and the whole city became an asylum itself..
That new Batman video game has a bad ass title along those lines. Arkham City. 8-)

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:Dreams feel real while we're in them...
Not trying to be a douche, but your signature should say Dom Cobb. Leo DiCaprio was not a character in Inception.

chee wrote:
Mr.Hmmm wrote:Batmanowski: Batman in Russia

The Dark...End >_>

The Gotham Asylum

That new Batman video game has a bad ass title along those lines. Arkham City. 8-)
yeah, that's true.
DarkExplosion49 wrote:
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:Dreams feel real while we're in them...
Not trying to be a douche, but your signature should say Dom Cobb. Leo DiCaprio was not a character in Inception.
lmao

DARKCEPTION
INSOBATMANIAC
The Last Riddle:HP/Batman Crossover where Joker and Voldemort are villains
gib sigs