New Theatrical Trailer Coming/Trailer #4

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
will the trailer play in imax too?

So "Trailer #4" is just the Nokia trailer?

YourLiberation123 wrote:we'll be getting some new footage in a week, anyways.
How?

Bacon wrote:
YourLiberation123 wrote:we'll be getting some new footage in a week, anyways.
How?
It would seem inevitable. Compared to TDK and Inception, we should still get about 7-10 more TV Spots, some interview featurettes and a First Look from HBO or ET or somebody. This, coupled with some viral videos like the GCN interviews from TDK.

eisentower30 wrote:
Bacon wrote: How?
It would seem inevitable. Compared to TDK and Inception, we should still get about 7-10 more TV Spots, some interview featurettes and a First Look from HBO or ET or somebody. This, coupled with some viral videos like the GCN interviews from TDK.
7-10 MORE tv spots? :o whaaa?

eisentower30 wrote:
Bacon wrote: How?
Ummmm..... No. At the most we might get 3 - 4 more tv spots, if that. We'll get no viral videos as this movie is nothing like TDK was for viral marketing. Also, this movie is a lot more exclusive on content as compared to tdk. But what you can expect next week are clips from the movie; as the stars will be making their talks show appearances, they will have clips to show; that might be the only new footage we get.

Also, on July 8th, Mountain Dew will be revealing some content.

But expect a lot less than we got on TDK. TDKR is going to be very exclusive and the movie is only a couple weeks away, so they want to keep things air tight until then.

JonHedoesIt wrote: But expect a lot less than we got on TDK. TDKR is going to be very exclusive and the movie is only a couple weeks away, so they want to keep things air tight until then.
Because:
BATMAN FUCKING DIES :batface:

JonHedoesIt wrote:
eisentower30 wrote:
Ummmm..... No. At the most we might get 3 - 4 more tv spots, if that. We'll get no viral videos as this movie is nothing like TDK was for viral marketing. Also, this movie is a lot more exclusive on content as compared to tdk. But what you can expect next week are clips from the movie; as the stars will be making their talks show appearances, they will have clips to show; that might be the only new footage we get.

But expect a lot less than we got on TDK. TDKR is going to be very exclusive and the movie is only a couple weeks away, so they want to keep things air tight until then.
I only say this because I went back and looked at both Inception and TDK and when they released materials. Over half of the footage/virals/TV spots came out in July, with less than 3 weeks before the film. Say what you will, but every single tentpole film kicks up the marketing tenfold in the final two weeks. Awareness is essential, and that's what we've seen so far. Now, it's the marketing team's job to officially get tickets sold. Because the majority of people who go to movies do not buy advanced tickets. They make their decisions the week of. And that's why you see shit EVERYWHERE in the final two weeks. I understand what you're saying, and I agree. This movie need sto be more tight-lipped because they've already got a core audience and they need to hide the main plot details, but don't underestimate the marketing onslaught.

eisentower30 wrote:
JonHedoesIt wrote:

I only say this because I went back and looked at both Inception and TDK and when they released materials. Over half of the footage/virals/TV spots came out in July, with less than 3 weeks before the film. Say what you will, but every single tentpole film kicks up the marketing tenfold in the final two weeks. Awareness is essential, and that's what we've seen so far. Now, it's the marketing team's job to officially get tickets sold. Because the majority of people who go to movies do not buy advanced tickets. They make their decisions the week of. And that's why you see shit EVERYWHERE in the final two weeks. I understand what you're saying, and I agree. This movie need sto be more tight-lipped because they've already got a core audience and they need to hide the main plot details, but don't underestimate the marketing onslaught.
Don't compare TDKR to Inception and TDK. By this time on both movies we had reviews; with TDKR we have nothing. It is a whole different beast.

JonHedoesIt wrote:
eisentower30 wrote:
Don't compare TDKR to Inception and TDK. By this time on both movies we had reviews; with TDKR we have nothing. It is a whole different beast.
To be fair, I'm not saying it has to be exactly the same. It's just the way Warner Bros has been on most of their tentpoles. Just using Nolan's movies as specific interest. Also, I'm really hungry for more new stuff. I guess we have to consider releasing the MTV trailer online and the Nokia trailer going into theaters as part of the campaign moving forward. The majority of audience members haven't seen most of them. I mean, fuck I heard some people talking about the movie yesterday at the movie theater and they called it "The Dark Knight Rising or something like that. I dunno what it's about I haven't seen any marketing at all." I almost whipped my head around "WHAT?!" But we have to remember that most people aren't like us. Every week is a new audience.