TDKR Cinematography Appreciation Thread

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Bruce climbing out of the pit for the 3rd time.

Absolutely beautiful to watch. And reminded me of this:
tdk_2155.png

luxneji wrote:love the shoot on the alley after the scene with Selina on the bar were incredible
by the way anyone knows what music is played there??

luxneji wrote:
luxneji wrote:love the shoot on the alley after the scene with Selina on the bar were incredible
"Underground Army" I think
Brave New World

luxneji wrote:
Unfortunately it is not on the released soundtrack. :(

Zez
TDK> The Presitge > Inception > TDKR > BB

IMHO

1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. The Dark Knight
3. Inception

For me.

Alberto wrote:1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. The Dark Knight
3. Inception

For me.
I can name my fav. shots in BB and TDK but not in TDKR. IDK if its because there are so many great shots but... I still love TDKR cinematography.
Brave New World

They irony here that the annoying thing a bit about Nolan's & Pfister's movies is that you can't really fave one of them over the other. Every movie, literally, has its own world and its own camera mannerism. It's like movies are real people .. you can't just say one of them is better than other one. Every one has its taste.
and that is the sign of the genius minds. You look at Nolan's movies and you really get a trouble to fave movie over the other. however you choose, you think back a second and find other one is pretty good though as well. So genius!!

Baniac wrote:
luxneji wrote: by the way anyone knows what music is played there??
Unfortunately it is not on the released soundtrack. :(
damm that is my favorite bit of music :S

and on the scale can't define either this one could be the best for me but the prestige and incept have amazing camera work. So need to win an oscar

TDKR has completely different color grading than the first two films did. I wonder if they'll adjust it to make it look more natural for the blu-ray to fit the tone of its predecessors, or keep the saturated tone (either one looks good imo.)