Loading...
Here you will find everything that has anything to do with our podcast. This includes topics of discussion on the show and polls that we'll frequently mention.

Episode 54: Summer Movie Fantasy Draft - May 4, 2012

Site Admin
Posts: 3525
Location: Florida
2012 Summer Movie Fantasy Draft

This thread is to keep track of -- and discuss -- how Alex, Mike, JC and myself are doing in our 2012 Summer Movie Fantasy Draft, as heard determined in Episode 54. [MP3] [iTunes]

Our Goal:
Successfully draft the 5 strongest films at this summer's domestic Box-Office.

Rules of the Draft
Pick 6 movies being released between May 1st and August 31st of 2012.
The 5 best movies in your team count toward your final total.
No duplicate selections.
The Dark Knight Rises is out of the draft.
Guess the TDKR Domestic total for a $25m bonus to your team.
Guess the TDKR Worldwide total for a $25m bonus to your team.

The Draft Order
(Randomly Determined)
JC
Teddy
Alex
Mike


Below
are
our
teams.


Spoilers, obviously, if you haven't listened ([MP3] [iTunes]) to the episode and want to hear us draft our picks "live."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


JC's Team


Teddy's Team


Alex's Team

Mike's Team



JC's TDKR Predictions
DOMESTIC: $520M
WORLDWIDE: $1.07B

Teddy's TDKR Predictions
DOMESTIC: $611M
WORLDWIDE: $1.35B

Alex's TDKR Predictions
DOMESTIC: $563M
WORLDWIDE: $1.21B

Mike's TDKR Predictions
DOMESTIC: $590M
WORLDWIDE: $1.6B


Listen to us discuss our picks on Episode 54 of the NF Podcast:
[MP3]
[iTunes]
Site Admin
Posts: 3525
Location: Florida
Box-Office Chart



JC's Team
--------------------------------
AVENGERS
$457,078,000



Teddy's Team
--------------------------------
DARK SHADOWS
$50,908,000



Alex's Team
--------------------------------
BATTLESHIP
$25,300,000



Mike's Team
--------------------------------
THE DICTATOR
$24,456,000


(updated 5/21/12)
TeddyBlass wrote:Image

Why have I never heard of this movie?
Site Admin
Posts: 3525
Location: Florida
It comes out late in the summer. No advertising of it yet, not even an official poster.


UPDATED the thread with our TDKR rules. Forgot about those! They're important.
Posts: 3313
Location: Here?
TeddyBlass wrote:Image


I agree with all of Alex's pick besides this. WHAT THE HELL?
Posts: 23
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: the podcast

So all you guys realize you're wrong about The Avengers' box-office take at this point? It's got the "pop-culture touchstoning" and the staying power and the massive opening and the 3d factor and the family friendliness and everything that a box-office behemoth needs, and it just proved it by being the biggest opener of all time.

I also wish TDKR topples it at the box-office, but at this point, I'm hard-pressed to see how that might happen. I hope I'm wrong.

Just dropping some reality-bombs on ya's, sorry.
Posts: 606
Location: Chicago, IL
Lenny! wrote:Re: the podcast

So all you guys realize you're wrong about The Avengers' box-office take at this point? It's got the "pop-culture touchstoning" and the staying power and the massive opening and the 3d factor and the family friendliness and everything that a box-office behemoth needs, and it just proved it by being the biggest opener of all time.

I also wish TDKR topples it at the box-office, but at this point, I'm hard-pressed to see how that might happen. I hope I'm wrong.

Just dropping some reality-bombs on ya's, sorry.


You realize that I defended this argument throughout the podcast, right?
Posts: 23
Location: Los Angeles, CA
eisentower30 wrote:
Lenny! wrote:Re: the podcast

So all you guys realize you're wrong about The Avengers' box-office take at this point? It's got the "pop-culture touchstoning" and the staying power and the massive opening and the 3d factor and the family friendliness and everything that a box-office behemoth needs, and it just proved it by being the biggest opener of all time.

I also wish TDKR topples it at the box-office, but at this point, I'm hard-pressed to see how that might happen. I hope I'm wrong.

Just dropping some reality-bombs on ya's, sorry.


You realize that I defended this argument throughout the podcast, right?


Sorry, I didn't finish it, I was just surprised by one guy saying Avengers would only make $2-$300 mil domestic and another guy agreeing with him!

Does anyone know if iMax 2D prices are usually the same as iMax 3d? If so, then TDKR has a nice shot, if not, then it's going to be an uphill battle to topple the Avengers.

But, personally, I know it's fun to talk b.o. but I'm tired of it for many reasons, mostly because it takes away from talk of the craft. Online forum analysis is fine, I'm talking more about in-person discussions.
Site Admin
Posts: 3525
Location: Florida
Lenny! wrote:
eisentower30 wrote:
You realize that I defended this argument throughout the podcast, right?


Sorry, I didn't finish it, I was just surprised by one guy saying Avengers would only make $2-$300 mil domestic and another guy agreeing with him!

Does anyone know if iMax 2D prices are usually the same as iMax 3d? If so, then TDKR has a nice shot, if not, then it's going to be an uphill battle to topple the Avengers.

But, personally, I know it's fun to talk b.o. but I'm tired of it for many reasons, mostly because it takes away from talk of the craft. Online forum analysis is fine, I'm talking more about in-person discussions.


I'm pretty sure you weren't listening. Nobody said $200-300M. Instead the figure was $300-$400 mil, which at the time was what every box-office guru was predicting.
Site Admin
Posts: 1384
Location: Cupertino, CA
xWhereAmI? wrote:
TeddyBlass wrote:Image


I agree with all of Alex's pick besides this. WHAT THE HELL?


I didn't have much of a choice. -__-
Next page →
← Return to The Nolan Fans Podcast
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest.