Episode 12: Dream Strings - January 3, 2010

Here you will find everything that has anything to do with our podcast. This includes topics of discussion on the show and polls that we'll frequently mention.
Episode 12: Dream Strings - January 3, 2010

In this episode:

Teddy and Alex discuss the new Inception trailer as well as the second Inception poster that was revealed via the viral marketing game, Mind Crime. The two also respond to questions and comments from the live-chat.

Show notes:
http://www.nolanfans.com/netflix

[Direct MP3]
[iTunes]

Great podcast!

It's actually Tom Hardy pulling the gun out in the back of the cab, but you probably already know that by now.

I don't think that the trailer music is indicative of the actual film's score. Music is usually one of the last things completed in post-production.

Zimmer typically writes suites featuring demos of the movies themes before post-production. Also, he had a recording session in London with Nolan in mid-December.

The trailer music could very well be not-indicative of the actual score, but I wouldn't cite the reasons you did.

TeddyBlass wrote:Zimmer typically writes suites featuring demos of the movies themes before post-production. Also, he had a recording session in London with Nolan in mid-December.

The trailer music could very well be not-indicative of the actual score, but I wouldn't cite the reasons you did.
He could easily have written/recorded music for the film, but I'd be surprised if the trailer music ended up being in the film.

TeddyBlass wrote:Zimmer typically writes suites featuring demos of the movies themes before post-production. Also, he had a recording session in London with Nolan in mid-December.

I really have liked the score in the teasers, so I hope they are used in the film.
But had Nolan met with Zimmer before December to do recordings? Cues heard in this new teaser go back to the ones used in the first teaser.

I love the music in this trailer. And as Teddy basically says, you have to imagine that Hans Zimmer has the basics of a theme down for this film. Listening to the trailer music from TDK's first full trailer that debuted in front of I Am Legend on December 14, 2007 proves that. That was at T-minus 7 months. We're at T-minus 6 months with Inception.

I also like seeing Hans Zimmer do something that doesn't sound like Pirates of the Caribbean.
(see Modern Warfare 2) :lol:

The Dark Knight trailers used music from the Batman Begins score didn't they? The re-used cues from the Inception teaser in this new trailer may mean that the music was made for the trailer, not the film. But I really like it!

AlexHaas wrote:I also like seeing Hans Zimmer do something that doesn't sound like Pirates of the Caribbean.
(see Modern Warfare 2) :lol:
Amen to that.
@sammyjankis88

Eternalist wrote:The Dark Knight trailers used music from the Batman Begins score didn't they? The re-used cues from the Inception teaser in this new trailer may mean that the music was made for the trailer, not the film. But I really like it!
They used music from released and unreleased parts of Batman Begins and/or it's demo suites. In either case, they're themes that were written 3 years in advance, so not quite the same case as Inception.

I see.