Episode 6: Get Off on Avatar - September 7, 2009

Here you will find everything that has anything to do with our podcast. This includes topics of discussion on the show and polls that we'll frequently mention.
Episode 6: Get Off on Avatar - September 7, 2009[explicit]

In this episode:

Teddy Blass, Alex Haas, and guest host, Cris Mertens, discuss recent front-page new stories: Inception's filming in Los Angeles, the possibility of Batman 3 being 100% IMAX, Inception's Tangier filming, and Dicaprio's diet. The three also have a movie discussion. This week's pick: Insomnia. Please note: This podcast includes minor spoilers for Inception, Insomnia, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, Moon, and Sphere. Beware of a little audio clipage - we just couldn't keep our excitement down.

[Direct MP3]
[iTunes]

Good podcast! But I think you can avoid personal views on a informative podcast. Movie tastes can be done in review podcasts. At the end, with all the opinions, got unintersting...

But great work with all the Inception information guys!

Despite rampant speculation to the contrary, Christian Bale is, unfortunately, just a man.

Well I agreed the Dark Knight wasn't a classic but

I felt he was wrong about Bruce Wayne and the sonar tech tbh.

Lucius already built a smaller version of the sonar and Bruce used it in Hong Kong. He's dedicated to being Batman and has spent most of his life becoming Batman, so it makes sence that he would have spent the time to understand how it works and build it on a bigger scale.
I felt the film was it was too long, could have been trimmed more and Two-Face was shoved in at the end. The ending was ambigious as well so he could return or just use flashbacks for Two-Face.

To be fair I agreed the make up element and Angier/Borden getting to the stage all the time is daft lol.
But I still enjoyed the film and accept that films arn't perfict.

rbevanx wrote:Well I agreed the Dark Knight wasn't a classic but.
A bit premature to judge.

I think the discussion got a bit sidetracked. I think there should be "informative" podcasts and "opinionated" podcasts. I was interested in a discussion about Insomnia but it got muddled up quickly. A separate podcast could be done for each film to do it justice.

Listening to the podcast right now :D

Oliver is Nolan's youngest child btw ;)

George wrote:Listening to the podcast right now :D

Oliver is Nolan's youngest child btw ;)
I knew it was a person!! :lol:
Not a dog, Teddy.

Definitely agree with the longer teaser being with Avatar.
Iron Man II will most likely have the release of the full trailer.

I don't agree with Chris about Two Face in The Dark Knight. Well maybe with the look, but not with including the rest of Dent's story in The Dark Knight. The arc in the film isn't Joker's, it's Harvey Dent's. So including his vengeance and was necessary.

The point of the sonar was to show how far Bruce is willing to go in order to stop evil. That was the point of Alfred's story and "burning the forest down". By being able to see through walls and track people down, Bruce has basically done the equivalent.
Although I do agree that it seemed like it came out of nowhere and wished they handled it differently.