Episode 3: All Over The Map - August 3, 2009

Here you will find everything that has anything to do with our podcast. This includes topics of discussion on the show and polls that we'll frequently mention.
apw
I'm certain they filmed in Tokyo. There was an article on a Japanese website that listed the buildings they had shot in.

I'm just don't know why Warner didnt list Tokyo in the press release. It might have just been an oversight.

It would make sense with Warner Bros.'s timing for Batman 3 to be released mid-July, 2012. Warner has established a pattern of Harry Potter film, Nolan film, Harry Potter film, Nolan film, etc. in that release slot every year.

July 11, 2007 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
July 17, 2008 - The Dark Knight
July 18, 2009 - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
July 16, 2010 - Inception
July 15, 2011 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II

July 2012 - Batman 3 ????

apw
That would be the most logical thinking.

There is no way there are going to release it in Summer 2011. Warner are already booked up that summer. Harry Potter is the last one and will probably make the most money because of it.

Interesting, George.

I guess it would also make sense that Warner Bros. wouldn't want their films competing with each other for tickets sales during the same summer. I'm not exactly sure what WB's other film schedules are like, but the Harry Potter movies are always huge and now Nolan's next two movies are going to be huge.

Isn't there a Green Lantern and Jonah Hex films coming out?

They sound big mind

apw
rbevanx wrote:Isn't there a Green Lantern and Jonah Hex films coming out?

They sound big mind
Jonah Hex is out in June 2010 so before Inception.

But Green Lantern comes in June 2011.

The 2012 Summer schedule is pretty tentative at this point. There is still so much time for things to be announced/delay and so on.

Eternalist wrote:An interesting tidbit, Inception and Thor are coming out on the same date.

There's an article about it on SlashFilm:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/02/24/wil ... -avengers/

What do you think?

I don't think its too much of a problem. Thor isn't one of the more popular comic book characters.

apw
Thor has been delayed. I'm sure Kenneth Branagh said they start shooting early 2010.

Inception is up against The Sorcerer's Apprentice but that is kids disney film.

Inception has a great release date. It still benefits from summer box office yet as its towards the end of the summer it doesn't have to compete with other big films.

rbevanx wrote:BTW love Guy Pearce as well, my fav actor and you should watch LA confidental, The Proposition and The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert if you want to see him at his best. The Road has him and Viggo Mortensen in it and is based on a good Cormac Mccarthy book.
He was in the beginning of The Hurt Locker, great actor. Didn't realize it was him for the first couple of minutes!