Deeper and more in-depth technical discussion of the films of Christopher Nolan.

What is Nolan's deepest film? (themes & characters)

What is Nolan's deepest film?

The Following
2%
Memento
25%
Insomnia
No votes
Batman Begins
No votes
The Prestige
32%
The Dark Knight
24%
Inception
17%

Total votes : 63
Samsara17 wrote:Honestly, I think TDKR will be his most complex, thought provoking film once its released. I think from a literary perspective, we are going to get the deepest thing he's put out, until he does/possibly puts out a deeper one after.

Just a gut feeling I have, based on how Nolan stressed he didn't want to fall victim to 3rd installment shit syndrome.

Honestly, I have faith in your assumption. I still have not read a headline about TDKR. Nor will I see any trailers.
I just cant wait to go in that cinema fresh..and come out..
tykjen wrote:
Samsara17 wrote:Honestly, I think TDKR will be his most complex, thought provoking film once its released. I think from a literary perspective, we are going to get the deepest thing he's put out, until he does/possibly puts out a deeper one after.

Just a gut feeling I have, based on how Nolan stressed he didn't want to fall victim to 3rd installment shit syndrome.

Honestly, I have faith in your assumption. I still have not read a headline about TDKR. Nor will I see any trailers.
I just cant wait to go in that cinema fresh..and come out..

Damn, you have a respectable amount of self-control. You haven't even seen the teaser? I mean, once the major 2 or 3 trailers come out during those 6 months before the release of the movie, I have a feeling you may give in to temptation. It's going to be hard to resist, while everyone else is raving about the trailers.
Samsara17 wrote:Damn, you have a respectable amount of self-control. You haven't even seen the teaser? I mean, once the major 2 or 3 trailers come out during those 6 months before the release of the movie, I have a feeling you may give in to temptation. It's going to be hard to resist, while everyone else is raving about the trailers.

I have not even seen the teaser. Only a few images from it.(which already are giving me the goose bumps) The reason why is because I regret watching the TDK trailer. It just showed too much when I look back at it. Or to be fair: I just watched it TOO many times ;) Same with the Inception trailer. It had me fooled, got me thinking I was going into a "straight forward" heist movie. So now I feel the TRUE need to overcome the temptation, instead of surrendering to it.
I am also doing the same with Ridley Scott's Prometheus. The suspense of this is killing me alright :shh:
To bring this thread back to life I think it is most certainly The Prestige. Along with 2001 and Blade Runner I think it's the deepest film about man's nature as well as art. Inception would be the deepest on a personal level for Nolan. I have high hopes that Interstellar will be the culmination of his talents. It will most certainly be his biggest film, if not the biggest film ever made but it looks to be the most emotional and human film he's made. That there could do it. Along with the giant scope, and emotion there will certainly be huge philosophical and psychological themes.
← Previous page
← Return to Film Analysis