Nolan vs. Greengrass: Who does better action?

The Oscar Nominated writer and director to whom this site is dedicated.
Nolan for sure. I'll give choreography to Greengrass but there's far more to a fight than that. There's atmosphere, placement of camera, pacing etc. The Inception hallway fight is among the top 10 fights ever. Most of Inception's action sequences are top notch stuff.

Two more...

Greengrass: The Bourne Supremacy

Nolan: Inception

This is great action . Stanley tong , sammon hung , jackie chan.all fabulous action directors among others

The video is not perfect because it lacks comparison , forgets a basic principle (the quality of performers ) and it doesnt deconstruct scene choices...yet,its a good start to understand how to shoot action

David bordwell has an amazing post regarding this.check if interested.he puts bond jackie to comparison

http://www.davidbordwell.net/blog/2010/ ... -its-done/

I think Nolan build ups action sequences magnificently (the bane sewer is great example of it) but i think he , like a lot of people in hollywood , give a lot of room for stunt coordinators to handle the action itself.

Cool Lionheart. I love that video.

Speaking of which, I do have a soft spot for Nolan's action scenes. Even the very incoherent action scenes in Batman Begins has something going for it (particularly in Batman's first appearance as Batman)

nolantino wrote:Cool Lionheart. I love that video.

Speaking of which, I do have a soft spot for Nolan's action scenes. Even the very incoherent action scenes in Batman Begins has something going for it (particularly in Batman's first appearance as Batman)
I think the buildups for the action scenes are pretty good. And im actually very fond of the Rises ones.