READ THIS: Spoilers and Other Things

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
I'll throw my hat in the ring. :P What exactly does a moderator do though, I mean besides the obvious? :think:

JimmyFraska wrote:
AlexHaas wrote:We'll definitely be needing more moderators. 8-)
Do me. I'm unbiased!
:lol:
jcvargas09 wrote:What exactly does a moderator do though, I mean besides the obvious? :think:
Well.. since I've been moderator/administrator for like 5 years on other website I will tell you that the most important thing is not the moderating itself because that's pretty easy. You see a pointless/double/spam thread/post you delete it. Someone acts like a total douche you warn him once, you warn him twice, next time you ban him and all that...

The most important thing is to not act like a douche. To not act like you're God on the form you moderate. And mostly to be equally fair to everyone... :twothumbsup:

There are moderators who also get into fights... there's no problem with that. The problem is when the moderator bans or deletes posts without a reason or fights for the love of fighting just to show his big ass :facepalm: on his forehead...

You don't need to be a complete saint... just be fair and patient...
Last edited by RIFA on May 8th, 2011, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I suggest talli and BatMotor for moderators.

Oneironaut wrote:I suggest talli and BatMotor for moderators.
Maybe we should have some nominees and the people who get the most votes... they should get the chance if they want to moderate.

RIFA wrote:
jcvargas09 wrote:What exactly does a moderator do though, I mean besides the obvious? :think:
Well.. since I've been moderator/administrator for like 5 years on other website I will tell you that the most important thing is not the moderating itself because that's pretty easy. You see a pointless/double/spam thread/post you delete it. Someone acts like a total douche you warn him once, you warn him twice, next time you ban him and all that...

The most important thing is to not act like a douche. To not act like you're God on the form you moderate. And mostly to be equally fair to everyone... :twothumbsup:

There are moderators who also get into fights... there's no problem with that. The problem is when the moderator bans or deletes posts without a reason or fights for the love of fighting just to show his big ass :facepalm: on his forehead...

You don't need to be a complete saint... just be fair and patient...
Thanks for the run down, RIFA! I just don't know if I'd be able to keep up with all the posts and what not. Thanks again. :)

Well... for nothing. I'm telling you. Moderating on TDKR forum might be tricky :lol:

I rarely post there... not because I'm not interested in the movie but because I posted a hell in Inception threads and I know how many stupid/senseless/dumb posts were made :lol: that I just decided to give up and stick to the fun in the Entertainment section. However I do post something anywhere if I get into it lol...

Anyways... this is just May 2011... just imagine... JUST IMAGINE... how TDKR forum will look like in a few months lol. :shifty: That's why they need mods cuz they know what's coming... haha

RIFA, stop the asskissin' :P

I think Sallygucha would make a terrific moderator.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I think Sallygucha would make a terrific moderator.
The early members of this board who know his true identity may disagree with this one.

AlexHaas wrote:We'll definitely be needing more moderators. 8-)
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.