READ THIS: Spoilers and Other Things

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
George wrote:
jcvargas09 wrote:
The last 10 or so posts started out in that thread and then moved over here to this one.
Wow, haha, not sure why I didn't think of that. I knew I had seen IWatchFilmsNotMovies's "+10" post somewhere else today...
lol No worries. :D

Even in a spoiler section I think they are useful. Not everything is equally spoilerish and (as proven in this very thread) there are different thresholds for what people are willing to spoil.

Read more: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... z1MrpFKsFV
Bullshit. If you go into a spoiler section you better be damn well willing to view any and all kinds of spoilers. If not, don't enter the spoiler section.

This is exactly why I haven't been frequenting all these threads recently, because we've been getting into stupid arguments about everything, especially . Now I come back and find out that people are still riding the same train. We all need some cocoa, hot cocoa with little black Batman-shaped marshmallows.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Even in a spoiler section I think they are useful. Not everything is equally spoilerish and (as proven in this very thread) there are different thresholds for what people are willing to spoil.

Read more: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... z1MrpFKsFV
Bullshit. If you go into a spoiler section you better be damn well willing to view any and all kinds of spoilers. If not, don't enter the spoiler section.
I disagree. I think everyone should be allowed to decide for him/herself which spoilers they do or do not want to read, and spoiler tags are the best way to do that. For example, I did read the spoiler in the England thread, but I wouldn't want to read a spoiler about the ending of the film. Why should the people who only want to read some spoilers and not others be obliged to avoid the spoiler section altogether?

Lynn wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
I disagree. I think everyone should be allowed to decide for him/herself which spoilers they do or do not want to read, and spoiler tags are the best way to do that. For example, I did read the spoiler in the England thread, but I wouldn't want to read a spoiler about the ending of the film. Why should the people who only want to read some spoilers and not others be obliged to avoid the spoiler section altogether?
I totally agree :twothumbsup: I absolutely do NOT want to know the movie ending before watching it, but I like reading little spoilers here and there and then speculate on what might happen :modesty:

Because if you enter a section entitled SPOILER, it's simple common sense that something will probably be spoiled for you. Hence the purpose of a spoiler forum in the first place. It's nonsensical for someone to enter a spoiler sub-forum and be upset about seeing, guess what, a spoiler! If it is the ending of the film a spoiler tab makes more sense, as it's not just plot details that are being spoiled, but the entire film. But, details such as the rumor started yesterday and nearly ALL plot points are fair game. Since, you know, discussing plot points is the whole point of a spoiler section in the first place.

I see what you mean Crazy Eight, but the more plot info we get, the more we will try to piece rumors together. It will become more and more difficult to keep "details" and "heavy spoilers" completely separated, especially in our speculations. I may be ok with reading and discussing something that you'd consider to be a film-ruining spoiler, or vice versa. IMO using spoiler tags is simple and prevents a lot of problems.

Someone on the IMDB posted a plot summary with more details and claims its an inside scoop. I read it and it sounds pretty fucking good! I am not kidding, it is something out of Nolan's playbook and I am all for it. Most likely bullshit but sounds right to me.
by Endo_The_Endologist 41 minutes ago (Mon May 23 2011 14:20:36)
Ignore this User | Report Abuse
UPDATED Mon May 23 2011 14:24:06
After emerging from a scorching pit of fire with minor scars and no apparent expression of pain, a man known only as Dorrance is recruited into the League of Shadows under the guidance of Ra's Al Ghul, where he is reincarnated into an intellectual and muscular adversary known as Bane.

Selina Kyle is Bruce Waynes new squeeze, However she is secretly lusting for the Batman, Totally unaware that both are infact the same person. Anne Hathaway spends the majority of TDKR as Selina Kyle, Only near the end of the third act do we see her take on the persona of Catwoman. She sets off to rescue a badly broken Batman, However in TDKR cats do not have nine lives, Which for her proves to be a deadly consequence.

Other Information

- Gotham City SWAT successfully corner the Batman, Only for Jim Gordon to aide his escape.

- The League of Shadows reform into the League of Assassins with the intent to assassinate the Batman.

- Detective John Blake is infact a double agent, Sent by the League of Assassins who believe Gordon can lead them to the Batman who has not been seen for months.

- Ra's Al Ghul was never really Ra's Al Ghul, He was simply a deception known as The Sensei. Ra's Al Ghul was merely a symbol, thus becoming indestructable and immortal. (A silly Nolan thing).

You heard it here first folks, from the same guy who told you Two-Face would be killed off in TDK months before release. The same guy who told you Two-Face would be done with CGI months before release. The same guy who told you The Batmobile would be destroyed months before release, and the same guy who told you Leob is assasinated by the Joker months before release.

IMDB message boards and 4chan are the sewers of the internet. :lol: Believe what you want to, if it makes you happy go for it. :thumbup:

wHysOseRiouS wrote:Someone on the IMDB posted a plot summary with more details and claims its an inside scoop. I read it and it sounds pretty fucking good! I am not kidding, it is something out of Nolan's playbook and I am all for it. Most likely bullshit but sounds right to me.
by Endo_The_Endologist 41 minutes ago (Mon May 23 2011 14:20:36)
Ignore this User | Report Abuse
UPDATED Mon May 23 2011 14:24:06
After emerging from a scorching pit of fire with minor scars and no apparent expression of pain, a man known only as Dorrance is recruited into the League of Shadows under the guidance of Ra's Al Ghul, where he is reincarnated into an intellectual and muscular adversary known as Bane.

Selina Kyle is Bruce Waynes new squeeze, However she is secretly lusting for the Batman, Totally unaware that both are infact the same person. Anne Hathaway spends the majority of TDKR as Selina Kyle, Only near the end of the third act do we see her take on the persona of Catwoman. She sets off to rescue a badly broken Batman, However in TDKR cats do not have nine lives, Which for her proves to be a deadly consequence.

Other Information

- Gotham City SWAT successfully corner the Batman, Only for Jim Gordon to aide his escape.

- The League of Shadows reform into the League of Assassins with the intent to assassinate the Batman.

- Detective John Blake is infact a double agent, Sent by the League of Assassins who believe Gordon can lead them to the Batman who has not been seen for months.

- Ra's Al Ghul was never really Ra's Al Ghul, He was simply a deception known as The Sensei. Ra's Al Ghul was merely a symbol, thus becoming indestructable and immortal. (A silly Nolan thing).

You heard it here first folks, from the same guy who told you Two-Face would be killed off in TDK months before release. The same guy who told you Two-Face would be done with CGI months before release. The same guy who told you The Batmobile would be destroyed months before release, and the same guy who told you Leob is assasinated by the Joker months before release.