READ THIS: Spoilers and Other Things

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
Hey guys.

Now that production on TDKR has officially started, we're going to try as long as we can to prevent opening a separate board to contain spoiler discussion. I think we can weather this storm if everyone here cooperates on this issue.

Spoilers pertain to anything not officially released and currently available to the public from Warner Bros.

There are two important things we need to start doing when dealing with said spoilers:
1) Spoiler Tags
2) [ SPOILER ] added as a prefix to all threads containing spoiler discussion

*** The use of Spoiler Tags are still required even if a thread has a [ SPOILER ] warning in the title.

If you're new here or don't know what spoiler tags are, they're located in the formatting bar directly above the textbox when you're writing a post.

Write your post the same way you normally would, but now we'll like for you to highlight all possible (confirmed or speculative) spoilers and click on the "Spoiler" button to add a spoiler tag.

The result looks like:
This!
If you're not sure if something is a spoiler or not, PLAY IT SAFE AND TAG IT ANYWAYS!

Our moderators will be enforcing these new rules and issuing warnings or bans for each offense. To report a post or a thread that contains spoilers, you can use the "Report" button on the post to report it. Alternatively, you can PM a moderator or administrator. Blah, blah, you know the drill.

Reply below with any questions, comments, or ideas. We'll love to hear the feedback.

Sir, yes sir! :lol:

Thanks for this. :thumbup: I think spoiler tags are the best solution, this way everyone can choose what they do or do not want to read and we aren't forced to choose between *no spoilers* and *all spoilers*.

Oh, and I think this rule was implicit in your post, but please let's avoid spoilers in thread titles!

...IT HAS BEGUN. 8-)

Is it possible to make it possible to make a spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler. A sort of a fail-safe encrypted spoiler or something like that.

^ some people's "spoilers" have jokes in them or other stuff.

i know i just want it for the fun of making some people click 5 times instead of one

Thanks for that 8-)
SantomTheWhite wrote:^ some people's "spoilers" have jokes in them or other stuff.
Yes, unfortunately, you never know which spoiler you should read or not :think:

AlexHaas wrote:Hey guys.

Now that production on TDKR has officially started, we're going to try as long as we can to prevent opening a separate board to contain spoiler discussion. I think we can weather this storm if everyone here cooperates on this issue.
Okay first of all, good luck with that.

Second, from now until when the film releases, we will probably have a massive influx of new members. It's perfectly possible, just bloody difficult.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

We'll definitely be needing more moderators. 8-)

tryouts :T

AlexHaas wrote:We'll definitely be needing more moderators. 8-)
Do me. I'm unbiased!