Forum Software Update

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
Pratham wrote:
January 14th, 2018, 3:51 am
Unread posts section has blue background.

Can it please not be blue?
Fixed!

This isn't a huge deal, but it feels kind of unnecessary to show the time of day people joined the forum on next to every post. For a lot of people the timestamp is on a line by itself which doesn't look nice:

Sanchez wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 12:34 am
This isn't a huge deal, but it feels kind of unnecessary to show the time of day people joined the forum on next to every post. For a lot of people the timestamp is on a line by itself which doesn't look nice:
Agreed. This is cluttered. Also, the fact that the blue "Online" tab goes under text/quote boxes if you type out a full line makes everything look rather crammed.

Good point. I kind of feel like the online mark takes up too much space. I like the feature, but a small green dot somewhere (next to the name maybe) would be plenty.

Preferably a small green dot rather than the large checkmark currently next to our name (not sure if you're working on it atm). Especially since we have to see it for ourselves everytime we post lol

Sanchez wrote:

This. Time isn’t that important.

Thanks for all the hard work Alex!

This is a bit random and certainly not a priority but it'd be great if you could update the Films and Bio sections, which haven't been updated since 2013.

AlexHaas wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 12:29 am
Pratham wrote:
January 14th, 2018, 3:51 am
Unread posts section has blue background.

Can it please not be blue?
Fixed!
Looks just like before 😘

Sanchez wrote:
Yeah I second this. But if you guys insist on keeping it, at least put in at the bottom? It would look better that way, because the thing that bothers me most is the white space of nothing that appears in the middle of our left profile.

Just wanted to say I'm glad we brought back some conveniences of the old forum design.

Like, an arrow in every quote that links back to the original post.

It's small but effective, like one of my body parts.
Last edited by Cilogy on January 15th, 2018, 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.