NF4 Phase 2: Chat!

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.
In line with the NF4 release plan, I'm happy to announce that the new Chat page is ready for primetime.

The new Chat page is now integrated with our forums accounts. If you're logged into the forums, you're logged into the Chat. As a result of this, the new Chat page uses your forum username and avatar. There's also an online list that's mostly working and blip sound that plays when a message is posted while you're not currently viewing the Chat page (minimized window or in another tab). Oh! Aaaaanndd, it works on your phones and tablets. Have fun!

Chat To Do List (Updated: July 26)
[Done] Clickable links.
[Done] Avatar heads.
[Done] Online list.
[Done] Add blip sound.
Anon numbers.
Make timestamps use server time.
Option to mute Blip sound.
Fix jump-to-bottom bug.

Forums To Do List (Updated: July 26)
[Done] PMs not displaying correct read/unread state.
[Done] Style quoted relies.
[Done] Restore user colors.
[Done] Restore "back to forum" link at the bottom of topics.
[Done] Add previous and next links to the topic footer.
[Done] Automatically resize large images posted in threads.
[Done] Topic titles go to first unread post.
[Done] Restore old smilies.
[Done] Style post preview.
[Done] Style "View online" page.
[Done] Increase the size of the posting box.
[Done] Add topic title to the Recent Activity section on the forum frontpage.
[Done] Restore "View new posts" link.
[Done] Restore "View active topics" link.
[Done] Restore "View unread posts" link.
Restore user contact info next to posts.
Automatically remove third quote.
Enable signatures.
Enable user ranks.
Enable forum search.
External links should open in new tabs.
Mass delete PMs.

I really want polls back.

Can we have the page search option back, where you would type the page number while in a topic and it would take you to the particular page. That was pretty helpful.

The anonymous chatters need to go. I think in order for you to be in the NF chatroom, you must have an account here.

Polls and forum search. Must have.

Red Hood wrote:The anonymous chatters need to go. I think in order for you to be in the NF chatroom, you must have an account here.
At the very least they need to have different anon names. Right now when one post, it shows up as anonymous even if there is more than one posting at a time.

DoubleD wrote:
Red Hood wrote:The anonymous chatters need to go. I think in order for you to be in the NF chatroom, you must have an account here.
At the very least they need to have different anon names. Right now when one post, it shows up as anonymous even if there is more than one posting at a time.
I agree with that but there was a troll running around last night in the chatroom and mocking people. At least the mods and admins should have the ability to kick or ban someone from chat.

Red Hood wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
I agree with that but there was a troll running around last night in the chatroom and mocking people. At least the mods and admins should have the ability to kick or ban someone from chat.
Yea. Unless there's really no way for us to ban anon users from what I can see.

Based is trolling pretty hard now and it's pissing me off :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

RIFA wrote:Polls and forum search. Must have.
+1