Phase 1 of Nolan Fans Version 4 Revealed

Nolan Fans forum announcements and news updates are posted here. Forum rules are also posted here. Using our message boards means you understand and accept all rules.

It's been nearly four and a half years since we launched Nolan Fans, and in that time we've seen the site grow into something we couldn't have predicted. In the past we've redesigned the Nolan Fans website on its birthday, January 13th, but our previous design proved strong enough to last a couple birthdays. This year, we really wanted surpass the second and third versions of Nolan Fans. We wanted to take a bigger step forward in design; we wanted to advance and streamline the user experience. We spent a great amount of time rebuilding the site from the ground up, and we're thrilled to be finally launching the fourth version of Nolan Fans.

We believe, to create something that would really push the site forward, we had to be willing to embrace big changes. We wanted to create something bold and new, yet remarkably efficient. One of the ways we did this was by adding Retina Display support for images across the entire site. We're also running off a new, incredibly fast server so that you can access the information you want without delay. Our comments system on the news articles now integrates with the forums to increase participation and creates a unified experience. Earlier this week, we rolled out the new Nolan Fans design across the entire site. And this is just the beginning.

Later in June, we'll roll out a new Chat page that will be integrated with forum user accounts. And in early July, we'll unveil a Nolan Fans mobile web app along with device responsive updates to the new design with the hopes of providing the best experience possible no matter how you reach Nolan Fans. We also plan to resume the long since hiatus-ed Nolan Fans Podcast sometime in July.

We couldn't be more happy with the community Nolan Fans has grown into. We have a truly awesome, diverse, and international community that still manages to expand each day. The next few years are going to be very exciting. By this time next year, the entire production phase of Christopher Nolan's ninth full-length feature film, Interstellar, will be complete. And we'll likely have seen a trailer or two by then too! We're eager to share this exciting time with all of you and we hope everyone sticks around for what more the future holds.

AlexHaas wrote: We couldn't be more happy with the community Nolan Fans has grown into. We have a truly awesome, diverse, and international community that still manages to expand each day. The next few years are going to be very exciting. By this time next year, the entire production phase of Christopher Nolan's ninth full-length feature film, Interstellar, will be complete. And we'll likely have seen a trailer or two by then too! We're eager to share this exciting time with all of you and we hope everyone sticks around for what more the future holds.
Yeah it's gonna be fun! :D

NolanFans Rises!

Please, bring back all of the basic forum functionalities back to NolanFans. :cry:

Dragon_316ca wrote:Please, bring back all of the basic forum functionalities back to NolanFans. :cry:
We've mentioned over and over that a lot of them are coming back soon.

TeddyBlass wrote:
Dragon_316ca wrote:Please, bring back all of the basic forum functionalities back to NolanFans. :cry:
We've mentioned over and over that a lot of them are coming back soon.
I might have missed the memo a few times. Thanks. :)

I love the new site, it's really beautiful ;) Congrats!

However, with my browser Opera, the links "Home", "Forum", "Chat", "Bio" on the front page don't appear. I had to merge to an other browser to go to the forum. I didn't have this problem with the previous version of the site...
I hope it will be fixed soon ;)

Once again, congratulation!
A fellow fan from France :D

Oh, that's odd. I'll look into it. What version of Opera were you using?

I have the last version (12.15)
Thank you anyway ;)