Feature Film Writing

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

I just finished me newest screenplay (well finished, it's still a first draft). It is a feature film which is best to be discribed as a 'Teenage Romance'. It is totally not my style of films, but I got this idea, just started writing it down and got really attracted by the story.

Plot: After their parents had forbidden the relationship of Esmee (15) and Matthijs (20), they runaway from home and end up together in Australia where they try to start a new life.

Half the movie is set in Holland, the other half in Australia. This is the third feature film script I wrote and broke my old record in how long it is (my old record was 89, this one is 127).

Have you guys written any feature filmscripts, if so how lang was it?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I'm writting two, but because of school work, I'm not writing it much now.

Unpredictable: After a series of mysterious murders, Sergeant Jake Lloyd is on a case to track a criminal mastermind known as Crane. But when the game turns deadlierthan anyone thought, he will realize that Crane has a purpose for all of these murders, Jake must stop him, but how will he go?

Crazy About Love: This is a script based on a true story (El Nino Que Enloquecio De Amor Trans: The Kid Who Got Crazy About Love" A young bot (8 years old) is in love with his babysitter, he writes his stuff on his diary, but her boyfriend wants to marry her, this sets him mad.
At the end, the child gets crazy and dies

I'm writing 2, just for fun:

ÍDEM: Two identical twins have some touble with the local mob, one of them is a police and the other, a mobster.

Forgetting: A guy comes to his home desperate because he needs to forget what just happened, so an idea comes to his mind, he doesn't sleep so he forget. Trying to not fall asleep, he begins to remember what and why happened.

I wish I could show you some of my screenplays, but I write them in spanish and I' am not the best in english, so I can´t translate them.

(Sorry for my bad english)

No. I'm way to busy with shorts to even consider writing a feature film.

my record is 157 but that was a first draft
after editing it was about 132 pages long
i've read it myself and thought that this is done in a sort of "short film style"so i binned it

I wrote 'Het Kovski Complot' when I was 16. It was 123 pages long. It was about a journalist who gets framed for the murder of a scientist, who actually got kidnapped by a foreign power, and has to rescue the scientist to clear his name.

dagn96: Jake Lloyd, as in Anakin Skywalker?

I'm not writing a feature film screenplay but more of a novel and it's not even a serious thing as in I don't think I can write well enough to merit it being printed. Writing just for fun.

I do have on my todo list a screenplay treatment for one Arsene Lupin book (Hey, it's public domain now :mrgreen: ).

Have done majority shorts and am continuing that, but now am writing few feature length and one of them is giving me this weird feeling, something different. I feel like the more I write it the more surprises come to me to write and that something big will come to me as I continue. It's a really cool feeling. You know when you're writing and there's that excitement that you cannot fully describe, but it's just- enticing?

Paul Kanter wrote:dagn96: Jake Lloyd, as in Anakin Skywalker?
I knew that name sounded familiar :lol:

dagn96 wrote:
Paul Kanter wrote:dagn96: Jake Lloyd, as in Anakin Skywalker?
I knew that name sounded familiar :lol:
:lol: