NOWHERE JOHNNY feature film.

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Actually, this one seemed like your film is going to be a "The Fighter" rip-off.
The "I'm the one fighting, not you!" line killed it for me...
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Well, he actually said "I'm the fighter here, not you." Besides, his trainer isn't a crack addict in his 40's. And considering the sub-plots around Johnny, with all the gangster violence and love triangle drama -- it's far from The Fighter, which is actually a compliment. I love that movie.

I like the title.

Mr. Jet wrote:Well, he actually said "I'm the fighter here, not you." Besides, his trainer isn't a crack addict in his 40's. And considering the sub-plots around Johnny, with all the gangster violence and love triangle drama -- it's far from The Fighter, which is actually a compliment. I love that movie.
Well, I've seen a couple other trailers (not all of them), and I know it's not a rip off from The Figther, but in this last one, it seemed like it. And there is a difference between being a rip-off and an homage. The first is bad, the second is good. What I said was not ment like a compliment.

However, I did like the other trailers, so I'm still looking forward to this.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

In all fairness, I completed the script for this film in the early mid 2010 way before The Fighter came out. Lol. :leoface:

Speaking of the trailer you're not too fond of, I made a revision of it -- taking out the "F" bombs and adding more footage to tighten the whole thing. I felt the other one was kinda lacking. :think:

EDIT: Video deleted on posters request. Read: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 30#p665175

Anyway, it feels kinda odd that you and I are the only commenters on the Nolan Nowhere Johnny thread now. Haha. I guess when I get into Sudnance, the buzz will be more electric. ;)

I hope it gets into Sundance. :-|

Based4Life wrote:I like the title.
I did not even see this comment. Lol. Thanks! So do I. I remember when it popped into my mind as I stared at penguins at an aquarium.

Here is a trailer (not a teaser) entitled "LOST SHEPHERD". Enjoy. :thumbup:

:batface:
Last edited by Mr. Jet on January 2nd, 2014, 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

My first serious indie feature was wrapped months ago and I thought I'd update you all. Currently in consideration for a few festivals and I don't know what they'll say yet, but I'm hoping for the best. We did not get accepted by Tribeca, but I somewhat expected that. I made a few trailers in the past, but they're all taken offline now because I made one recently that accurately depicts the feel of the film best. Enjoy and do share. 8-)

Since I love filmmaking, I can't take a break and the lack of budget never stops me. We're currently working on another project entitled "PUNCH ME HARD," watch the trailer: PMH Trailer 2.
Last edited by Mr. Jet on January 2nd, 2014, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Here it is in full, for free on YouTube, NOWHERE JOHNNY - The Alternate Cut, which means it's a chronological narrative and black & white rather than the non-linear final cut version available here: http://www.IndieReign.com/video/nowhere-johnny. The film was in production for a year due to everyone's conflicting schedule and the whole film was completed in 2013. However, the reason it's not in HD is explained here: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=54661

Enjoy my first no-budget indie feature of the neonoir/gangster genre. Have a great weekend. Hard work by everyone involved, so please share this film -- which sadly can never been seen again in HD unless I cough up dough to fix that external hard drive. I didn't even get the chance to send it off properly to several film festivals the way I wanted yet. Lol. Live and learn. Anyway, here is the DVD rip:

Like Nowhere Johnny on Facebook: http://fb.com/nowherejohnnymovie