Untitled Film Pilot

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

This is just a random film me and my brother made in about 15 minutes. It ISN'T an actual film, so it does NOT have a beginning, middle and end. It's just a random scene made soley as an experiment. It ain't no masterpiece either.

URL for youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6edRIrMheU

Goddamn'it! I thought this movie had no sound, you scared the hell out of me!
Nice to hear some James Newton Howard though, music from my favoured composer. Especialy the movies with M. Night Shyamalan have a great soundtrack!

Now, about the movie itself, I'd say it was a good practice! Ofcourse the plot was terrible, but I think you might be ready to make a real short movie (with a good plot).
Good luck!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

Yeah, your off to a pretty good start, the beginning should have had sound though. Some muzzle flashes would have been nice also. How old are you? 13 or 14? It's good to get a early start, but the only way you will really grow as a film maker is to keep making movies. Advice from people is great and you should always welcome it, but you get better as you go along, you learn things and you pick up experience through the mistakes that you make. Nice start, I look forward to seeing some real short films from you.

This is not a bad start at all. Your use of pans though where the camera moves away from the character and shows the environment he's in, what was your goal with that shot? Was it just to show what the house looked liked and that there was a window that was going to be put to use when the villain walks by?

good start.