Batman: The Last Laugh

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

lol

Looks very good!
I'm just wondering why all of these fan films always evolve around The Joker. The Batman universe is so vast, so many great characters to pick. Every time a fan film with the Joker is made, it just seems so very unoriginal.

Anyway thumbs up for the quality of this. looking forward to it :)

Here's the final product they released yesterday. Hope you guys enjoy.

I'm sorry but that was quite bad actually...

Nice! I didn't feel the camera tricks were necessary (ex. slo-mo & the opening shot in reverse). However I was impress by the sound mixing and hand-to-hand combat, both looked very professional. :thumbup:

solo2001 wrote:Nice! I didn't feel the camera tricks were necessary (ex. slo-mo & the opening shot in reverse). However I was impress by the sound mixing and hand-to-hand combat, both appeared very professional. :thumbup:
The only thing good was the hand to hand combat... and sound mix....

Script...well it didn't really have one.
The Camera tricks were totally unnecessary and the twixtor? slow motion didn't look right at times. I mean it was over-used.
The composing wasn't good... It just didn't do anything, it was bland.
The Editing wasn't top notch either...

don't get me started on the batpod.

That was really nice. I loved the combat scenes, the score, the sound effects and the costumes. Everything blended together nicely there.

I think I'd of like to have seen more dialogue, but the action and the twist ending (which I really wasn't expecting) made up for it. I think the Bat Pod thing didn't work that well, but if you built that and got it to work, then well done for that.

I did enjoy it though, I'd like to see something else made by you guys. I'd rate it a seven out of ten.

I definitely wouldn't label the film as 'bad'. Sure, some aspects of the short may not have been great, but the end result was very watchable and flowed very nicely.

I wasn't a huge fan of the over-use of slow motion, or the general color scheme. It seemed too warm most of the time. And yes, what bugged me most was the lack of any kind of script.. or, really any dialogue at all, actually. When someone started talking near the end, it sounded weird because previous to that all we'd heard was score and sound effects (which was all edited very nicely, btw). But I really appreciated the reverse opening, and was pleasantly surprised at the Batpod (I'd like to challenge anyone else to create something even half as accurate and functional).

I thought the whole thing looked very good for an extended action scene, but as for a short film with any kind of depth, it kinda failed. But like I said, it was very watchable.

Appreciate the feedback guys (both good and bad), I'll pass it along to by buddy who helped make it.

This movie was a bad choise in my opinion.
You must have had quite a budget to make this. Sets, pyrotechnics, Batpod, stunts, etc. I believe you could have made something better with that kind of budget. Also I hate fanfilms, but that's just me.

As for the short itself:
I agree that it lacked a good screenplay, but it was not that bad. There were some good action scenes in it. I did enjoy it.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.