speechless

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Im new here, want to be a filmmaker, in high school, and love chri's movies! not only does he have the best first name ever, but his films amaze me with story and technique. i always aspire to him.
i just wanted to post a shot video i did a few weeks ago for a contest. Feedback appreciated. it was crazy, but fun.

Welcome to the forum.

You forgot to give us a link to your video!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

movieman1005 wrote:Im new here, want to be a filmmaker, in high school, and love chri's movies! not only does he have the best first name ever, but his films amaze me with story and technique. i always aspire to him.
i just wanted to post a shot video i did a few weeks ago for a contest. Feedback appreciated. it was crazy, but fun.
Welcome to nolanfans.com.

Ok....

I like the whole idea, and the opening and closing shot's having you inteview the girl, but it wasn't really well made. A lot of audio drop outs at random times, and I'm not talking about when in is supposed to be quite. And imo, it shouldn't have been silent, it get's boring, it would have been nice to have some slow and emotional music in their instead. And i couldn't really telll what you were going for, the guy is depressed? What does a letter of suspension have to do with anything? You could have also used one of my favorite film making tools, the tripod.

I watched it this afternoon.

Where there any restrictions or a subject given by the contest-people? I don't want to be rude, but I don't really see the point of this movie. I mean, someone won't shut up because his school says so. It would be more convincing if a girl made him shut up, or something. A girl making an aweful remark about him, that could be a better reason then a suspension from school.

Anyway, don't quit making movies, I hope my criticism only helps you with a new movie. I will be here to give you feedback again! Maybe I can even help you with your stories?

Good luck, just keep on trying, 'cause once you'll make a good one!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.