My little short film.

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCN0dK6Pqj8

Nothing special, I only had my two brothers to work with and they don't like doing serious work. I'm not very funny...but I did try to mimick Nolan's early short film Doodlebug with that silent black and white thing. :?

But yea, problems aside I kinda like it. :3

Alrighty,
This short film is short and I have to say that I couldn't really laugh about it. You could make the feeling of an old movie a little bit better by using 'fast-motion'. If you look at old Charlie Chaplin movies, they always move a bit faster than normal. Back then, it was the only way of filming, normal speed didn't excist. Just speed it up a little.
If you ever going to refilm it, leave out the bible thing. If you're an Amish, you probably already own a bible, and you do not kick someone off your porch for trying to sell one to you.
Last thing: there's no electricity right? Then what keeps the ventilator running?

It's not exactly 'Academy Award'-cinema, but it's a good start for a first short movie! Keep up the good work, and you'll become better in no-time!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

the adventures of the dude. :]

Find more actors. Not bad.

Erik wrote:Alrighty,
This short film is short and I have to say that I couldn't really laugh about it. You could make the feeling of an old movie a little bit better by using 'fast-motion'. If you look at old Charlie Chaplin movies, they always move a bit faster than normal. Back then, it was the only way of filming, normal speed didn't excist. Just speed it up a little.
If you ever going to refilm it, leave out the bible thing. If you're an Amish, you probably already own a bible, and you do not kick someone off your porch for trying to sell one to you.
Last thing: there's no electricity right? Then what keeps the ventilator running?

It's not exactly 'Academy Award'-cinema, but it's a good start for a first short movie! Keep up the good work, and you'll become better in no-time!
Thanks for the critque, but yea, this was just a stupid little thing I did and I'm not proud of it at all. :)

I'd really like to find more actors than just my brothers who can't act worth donkey butt. D:

It is nice. Not that funny but a great way to start.

How do you post videos in youtube so I could post mine. (When I get it ready)

dagn96 wrote:It is nice. Not that funny but a great way to start.

How do you post videos in youtube so I could post mine. (When I get it ready)
Yea, I hate comedy. But my brothers won't do anything else. If my friends are up to serious work then I'd be doing more of that.

There's an big yellow Upload button at the top of the page.

I'm gonna make a little video, you can call it "short film", but I won't. I would more like to call it "practice", or simply "fun" :D

I'm willing to make it in July, so if my plan goes well, this little video will be on the Internet at the end of July. It's going to be a comedy scene in the style of the British series "The Office", and it's going to be about a day in the high school. The screenplay is already done, so all I have to do is to grab a camera and record the video.

I will gladly show it to you, but it's going to be in Hungarian, so I'm sure you won't understand a thing of it :D

DHOPW42 wrote:I'm gonna make a little video, you can call it "short film", but I won't. I would more like to call it "practice", or simply "fun" :D

I'm willing to make it in July, so if my plan goes well, this little video will be on the Internet at the end of July. It's going to be a comedy scene in the style of the British series "The Office", and it's going to be about a day in the high school. The screenplay is already done, so all I have to do is to grab a camera and record the video.

I will gladly show it to you, but it's going to be in Hungarian, so I'm sure you won't understand a thing of it :D
Could you add subtitles to it? :3

I have another idea for a short film, drama this time, but I just need to write the screenplay. Hopefully I can get one of my friends from a drama class to act in it. It sucks not having serious actors.

I just finished writing one. I need to get the actors (actresses) and film.

dagn96 wrote:I just finished writing one. I need to get the actors (actresses) and film.
Don't you have a DV camera?