I Took Your Advice.

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Erik wrote:
Z. Cobb wrote:ps: Erik if you do rent a 550d. get Magic Lantern installed on the cards. (you probably know this already)
Ehm, no? But I'll check with my DoP!
Makes the you have more control over the camera!!! basically its better firmware for the camera, gives more control. Your DOP would love it.

Z. Cobb wrote:
Jax_Teller wrote:Arri? Nah, Red Epic for me, it's better and cheaper than the Alexa. But yeah, it's dream territory, I'd like to shoot one feature someday on 35 mm, but I'm just too used to digital, and its practicality.
From my experience of RED cameras. I dislike the epic, I prefer the Red One MX. There something about the epic image that makes me feel it looks cheap. HA!

Still Arri and if possible film for me it at the moment.
Really? The Hobbit, Prometheus, Elysium, House Of Cards, The Counselor, The Great Gatsby, Pacific Rim?

Any camera can look cheap with the wrong lighting, or bad cinematography. I did see some Epic footage that looked cheap, just like Alexa footage that looked cheap (The Avengers).

Red One MX looks gorgeous in The Social Network and TGWTDT yep.

Jax_Teller wrote:

Any camera can look cheap with the wrong lighting, or bad cinematography.

Red One MX looks gorgeous in The Social Network and TGWTDT yep.
Good Point.

I do really like the MX, we always use that for the adverts we make and its top notch!