I See You

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Howdy

This is my latest short movie that I did like 6 months ago, it's pretty unconventional, there is no story, or script, just like my other stuff, I'm very interested by the visuals mainly, so since when I did this, I couldn't write at all, and didnt want to have dialogues or anything without real actors, I try to say something through the visuals as much as I can.

It's totally mute, but the music is really important everytime, because it supports the visuals, and adds to it.

https://vimeo.com/64082852

Any advice, or criticism is welcome.

Jax_Teller wrote: Any advice, or criticism is welcome.
write

That was constructive Prince.

well that's my only problem cuz it's basically empty even if the shots are nice

It's not because there's no dialogue that it is empty though, the sentences written each evoke a feeling or an emotion, or something, that I represent on screen, but if it feels empty to you, then okay.

I'm doing a full on narrative movie as said with my next one since I can finally afford to.

Hi. Just watched this. So here is my take on it.

This is more of a mood film than a narrative driven film. So you have created an atmosphere, but what does it leave us with. I felt it need another line or word of writing again just before the end.

The shots look nice. The framing etc all look great. I don't have any issue there.

I reckon you could also cut it down a bit. Make it shorter as some shots do linger for a while. Get your points across quicker.

Oh and remove that Bokeh effect at the end. It just makes it look cheap. There isn't really a need for it.

Nice work.

Yeah, everything I've done from the beginning is about mood, and trying to tell something through the visuals. I had one more line I think at first, but opted against it, since my stuff tends to be overlong, I kept it short.

For the shots, it depends, some shots I keep short, others I want to linger, depends. The bokeh effect is actually moving lights, optical type, I hesitated keeping those on the very last shot.

It's funny because all my stuff is in the same style, but it's not something that I'm aiming at, I visualize something, an image, or something else, I also draw a lot of inspiration from music, and that's where it comes from.

I'm just glad that I'm finally going to be able to do a full on "normal" narrative driven movie early next year, with a script, with real actors.

Reminds me of the trailers for MoS.