The Chip - Contemporary Scifi Comedy

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

FreakLikeMe wrote:Looks like I'm 0 for 2 right now on here lol.
I need Jax Teller to come in here and like it!
Sorry pal, it's not good, but if you really did this, you always learn, the stuff I did when starting was bad, but I got better and better everytime.

Forum Pro
Law
FreakLikeMe wrote:A whole lot of unnecessary gravitas surrounds this contemporary scifi film about a dangerous mission to retrieve a stolen chip that is vital to national security. This is a special effects heavy student film directed by me from two years ago edited with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro. I present to you..... The Chip.

The conversion failed to put it to 1080p when we published it so the screen is small, but the story is still grandiose and self important.... Not!

FreakLikeMe wrote: The conversion failed to put it to 1080p when we published it so the screen is small, but the story is still grandiose and self important.... Not!
The conversion didn't fail, you put in a weird transition at 4:58 that took up the whole screen.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
FreakLikeMe wrote: The conversion failed to put it to 1080p when we published it so the screen is small, but the story is still grandiose and self important.... Not!
The conversion didn't fail, you put in a weird transition at 4:58 that took up the whole screen.
Well then when my partner published it something must've made the actual video screen smaller for some reason.

All the criticisms have been valid but I gotta say I've seen a lot of shit stuff on YouTube so I wouldn't start thinking that this is a crime against humanity or something. But if you're really trying to make stuff that looks pro, you need to develop more of an eye - thinking about basic mise en scene aspects like location, set design and costumes etc. which is pretty easy to do if you know anything about films will make an impact, and the more you put into this the more you'll get out of it. Lighting is something that can be harder to do if you haven't got the right resources in terms of both lights themselves and other equipment/manpower but work on it, read about it etc.

We're actually trying to make a serious reboot or stand-alone-type sequel to this to enter in Newport under the Youth Showcase.