BECOMING

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Peace wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Thanks for the tips and kind words, always appreciated, haha.

didich, total shooting time was probably 6 or 7 hours. I always shoot and edit the scene mentally before hand, but various pragmatic problems occur that usually end up with the end result semantically hardly resembling my shot list, which slows it down. Plus, when using friends as actors, retakes are pretty common, haha. I set a new personal record actually... eighteen takes for one of the flood pipe shots, and I still firmly believe that despite the number of retakes it's the weakest bit of the short. Editing I honestly don't know. I spent roughly two days on it... so maybe in the same ballpark as filming... 6 or 7 hours.

Yeah, Buffy. I'm relatively fresh to the show (haven't finished it or Angel yet), but it kind of spawned an interest that led into reading up on classic lore and finally reading Dracula, which I loved, prior to making this, haha.
Ever think about being in front of the camera as well? I guess that would mean putting the camera in someone else's hands though and it's already hard enough to tell your friends how to act. It's fucking hard to explain to your numbskull friends how you want a shot to look :lol:

But yeah man it was shot and edited very well. You know what your doing.
Thanks.

I've briefly thought about it, but I'm not particularly photogenic. I was once, a long time ago, for a single clip, and the footage just looked awful, haha.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Peace wrote:
Ever think about being in front of the camera as well? I guess that would mean putting the camera in someone else's hands though and it's already hard enough to tell your friends how to act. It's fucking hard to explain to your numbskull friends how you want a shot to look :lol:

But yeah man it was shot and edited very well. You know what your doing.
Thanks.

I've briefly thought about it, but I'm not particularly photogenic. I was once, a long time ago, for a single clip, and the footage just looked awful, haha.
Shit man how am I gonna say this and not sound gay... your good looking enough to be in front of the camera lol. I think you would look fucking cool. I hate the way I look on film but I just went with it. It's hard to look at yourself though. Editing can be a nightmare. You like the footage but you hate the way you look.. so you want to show people but at the same time you don't :lol:
Say Girl

I've been studying my short-filmography lately to pin-point where each film "went wrong" or "went right", and coming across this one I found that removing the drain-pipe sequence, to my eyes, fixed a staggering amount of problems I had. The original edit is still on my Vimeo page and linked in the opening post of this thread, but for those who have seen it, I'd love to know whether or not you think removing that scene helped the short's momentum/fluidity, and for those who haven't, I'd love to know what you think of it from this revised cut. Fresh eyes with a dose of objectivity are always nice. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFVO4jNi ... b8nNu5yWIA