Anyone in need of free music?

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Hello,

Finding decent quality uncopyrighted music is a pain; attempting to seamlessly integrate pre made music into a skit, short film, or feature is even more of a pain. When I discovered that stunning revelation, I purchased a DAW (digital audio workstation) and took it upon myself to learn the ins and outs of composing. That was about nine months ago, and while my musical journey is still continuing (as I am constantly learning new techniques and discovering different tools and VST's) I am now at the point where I feel confident enough to put my music out there...

This is a relatively short "showcase" of some of my abilities. Bear in mind, this was created in one night, and could benefit from some fine tuning, especially pertaining to the mixing and mastering of the track. Pertaining to the sloppy transitions present in the piece, those are somewhat intentional. It is best to think of this as a compilation of musical ideas than an actual piece.

https://soundcloud.com/tetra-films/cinematic-mix

A bit older, but I like some of the melodies:

https://soundcloud.com/tetra-films/disconsolate

Very old, and will need to be turned up, as I had no clue what mastering was:

https://soundcloud.com/tetra-films/something-different

Regardless, if you like what you heard, and would like a score created for any of your various creative endeavors, you just have to follow a few simple steps.

1. Get in touch with me (forms of messaging on Nolan Fans, [email protected], Youtube.com/terafilmshd, http://www.facebook.com/tetrafilmshd)
2. Tell me (in terms of music) what you wish to have for your film; or send me a rough or final cut of your film without music.
3. Depending on how busy I am, I'll give you a timeframe, and when your score is done I will send it to you (Email, Soundcloud, etc.)
4. You give me feedback
5. I make corrections based on your feedback
6. I send you the final copy and you then credit me in some way.

I hope this helps some of you save a good deal of time hunting around for decent royalty free music, or having to spend money licensing it. If you have any questions, contact me in the ways listed above and I will be happy to answer them.

Thanks

I'd be interested in the future.

I don't have anything in need of music right now, but I've got a script in the late stages of re-writing, and I'll hopefully shoot later this year. I'll shoot you a message before we start shooting, and ask if you're interested.

Very impressed with the music, especially the cinematic mix! It's very very good.

corderouge wrote:I'd be interested in the future.

I don't have anything in need of music right now, but I've got a script in the late stages of re-writing, and I'll hopefully shoot later this year. I'll shoot you a message before we start shooting, and ask if you're interested.

Very impressed with the music, especially the cinematic mix! It's very very good.

I don't see any point in the near future where I would be to busy, so definitely feel free to send me some details before you start shooting.

I heard your stuff on Sound Cloud, by a long long way 15,000 miles per hour is your best track!

Annihilative Anomaly wrote:UPDATE:

New example piece: https://soundcloud.com/tetra-films/contemplation

Enjoy!
I'm in need of a score my new short film if you're interested. I will require one piece of music that will play throughout as well as general ambience/dramatic tones.

I can't send you an edit just yet because it's just finished shooting. I would like the piece to be somewhat similar to NIN- Ghosts V, and also Memento's score. The film is a strange Lynch-like short if that inspires you at all.

MementoMori wrote:
Annihilative Anomaly wrote:UPDATE:

New example piece: https://soundcloud.com/tetra-films/contemplation

Enjoy!
I'm in need of a score my new short film if you're interested. I will require one piece of music that will play throughout as well as general ambience/dramatic tones.

I can't send you an edit just yet because it's just finished shooting. I would like the piece to be somewhat similar to NIN- Ghosts V, and also Memento's score. The film is a strange Lynch-like short if that inspires you at all.

I'll work on a few simple themes based on your description, but I would require at least a rough cut of the short to create anything substantial. If any cut cannot be provided, then private message me with more details and/or the screenplay if one was used.

Thanks for giving me this opportunity

Annihilative Anomaly wrote:
MementoMori wrote:

I'll work on a few simple themes based on your description, but I would require at least a rough cut of the short to create anything substantial. If any cut cannot be provided, then private message me with more details and/or the screenplay if one was used.

That's great, yeah that's what I had in mind for now and I'll get a rough cut to you ASAP :)

I can PM you the screenplay and storyboards too until then.

MementoMori wrote:
Annihilative Anomaly wrote:

That's great, yeah that's what I had in mind for now and I'll get a rough cut to you ASAP :)

I can PM you the screenplay and storyboards too until then.
Sure, I'd appreciate that.