Looking for collaborators

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

I have spent the last couple months playing around with all manner of the film making process. I've had a couple ideas here and there but nothing that has really stuck with me.

What I am looking to do is direct, edit and score a short (5-15 mins) all with the power of my iDevices. I think it could be an interesting process and would be fun to play with all these different apps I've purchased.

My problem is, I am experiencing writers block in the worst way...I have no ideas...would someone be interested in writing a story or script and then allowing me to shoot it? Obviously all writing and creative credit would be given to you and it would give me the opportunity to try some things out.

I'm looking small scale, short stories about one or two people. I just want to play around with framing and editing to provide one of those reAlly powerful dialogues we get to witness on screen.

Let me know
Hutch

No takers? I'd also be willing to work with some writing prompts. "Two guys, a bar, their conversation" type stuff...

I'd be willing to do some writing as well.

smakweasel wrote:No takers? I'd also be willing to work with some writing prompts. "Two guys, a bar, their conversation" type stuff...
I am not completely sure what type of scene or short film you want to shoot. Are you saying you want to shoot just a single scene with captivating dialogue, a complete short story, or any of the above + some other possible ideas as well. Can you be a little more specific?

Really I would be interested in shooting anything. I'm so bereft of ideas that I can't write a damn thing without it sounding completely idiotic.

I love long take, in depth dialog stuff.movies like Drive and Killing Them Softly.

If you're into breaking bad there is a scene in the feat season where Walter is talking with a gangster trapped in jesses basement and its absolutely brilliant.

That's what I'm looking to do, if it is just single scene stuff great, if its more in depth and lengthy: all the better. I'm just not looking for anything full of action or multiple obscene locations.

You should be a little more specific.

You want to shoot a heavy conversation with important implications, OK, but what's the scenario you have in mind? Because the examples you've posted, Killing Them Softly and Drive are for example part of the 'gangster genre'. Is that what you want? Or it can be another genre? Inception, for example, is a Sci Fi which discusses the implications of its own invented world.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

I guess the easiest way to put it is, I don't care. That's why it's so vague. If I knew, I would've written it already.

I have some scripts scattered around my house. I'll search for something for a long take. I'll send you a message if I find them ;D

My town was recently struck with a horrific tragedy, I am a fire fighter and an EMT. I work for several agencies in the area so the story is profound. on Christmas Eve four local firemen were called to the scene of a car fire. On arrival they hoped out to take care of said fire only to be ambushed....a deranged man was sitting in a burm across from the fire and he opened fire, killing two and critically injuring the others.

After a full week of bereavement and attending calling hours and a wake, I've found myself feeling uneasy about all that's happened.

I'd like to try and express it via a short film, not necessarily about what happened but about the life of a firefighter/EMT. The few big movies about the subject always get it wrong. Ladder 49 was ludicrous and backdraft is completely laughable. I think I want to attempt a realistic take on this lifestyle. Anyone have any ideas for something like that?

That awefull news made it around the world. Can't believe how insane people can be to try and hurt the people that are here to rescue us when we're in need. I wish your department the best!

As for writing a short film about this, I am too busy to be writing myself but I can give you some advise on the story and script when you have it. Be some sort of counselor to the script.

Anyway, good luck with everything.
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.