What are you working on?

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

Lastest Project I did the cinematography for, check it out!

^ that Gone Girl? lol

in all seriousness i'm jelly of your images

my freshman sensibilities trying to make things look good:

should have the video out by the end of the week

I made a Reel of my Cinematography that I am very proud of. Check it out!

P.S. Stick with it till the very end.

@shaz killin it as per uuuuuuusual
@michael lookin good man, keep at it. each film you do at film school gets exponentially better in my experience
@whereami the thing with demo reels is that people don't wanna watch em, so keep it to tbh like a minute and cut anything that's not your best stuff. start with your very best shot then use your second best etc etc

been up to some short film bizness
two separate films lol

Keith that made me queef ( :thumbup: )

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:@shaz killin it as per uuuuuuusual
@michael lookin good man, keep at it. each film you do at film school gets exponentially better in my experience
@whereami the thing with demo reels is that people don't wanna watch em, so keep it to tbh like a minute and cut anything that's not your best stuff. start with your very best shot then use your second best etc etc

been up to some short film bizness
two separate films lol
:thumbup: Keith you are always legend looking solid.
kind of want them to be part of the same concept.
Regarding demo reels or any kind of show reel. As a Post-Production Producer I have a lot of editors send me 5-6 minute reels, I just don't have time to sit and watch them. Keep it short and show me what you can do in around 30 seconds ideally. I think thats pretty universal.

forgot to post this

it's bad, but i'm learning

watch if you guys want; feedback would be greatly appreciated

Michaelf2225 wrote:forgot to post this

Good work. Keep hitting the grind.

If I had one big piece of advice, it'd be to remember to somehow wrap everything that happens on screen up into the fundamental story being told, in this case: the strained relationship between your two leads. From the dialogue to the image, try to abide by this. Why do we see a montage of her making coffee? Does it tell us anything about her character or the story? What does the legal lingo conversation in the park have to do with their relationship? Could this stuff be cut with little effect on the narrative or the character's relationships? Just some things to think about. Good job though, you're in the right direction.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:forgot to post this

Good work. Keep hitting the grind.

If I had one big piece of advice, it'd be to remember to somehow wrap everything that happens on screen up into the fundamental story being told, in this case: the strained relationship between your two leads. From the dialogue to the image, try to abide by this. Why do we see a montage of her making coffee? Does it tell us anything about her character or the story? What does the legal lingo conversation in the park have to do with their relationship? Could this stuff be cut with little effect on the narrative or the character's relationships? Just some things to think about. Good job though, you're in the right direction.
I appreciate the feedback since all I got from my lab was that the jump from City Hall to Penn's Landing which, while walkable, is like 3/4's of a mile and probably a bit unrealistic. It's a fair criticism, but not exactly what I was looking for :lol:

The whole legal conversation was a poor attempt at drawing a parallel between my female character's feelings and the feelings of this "crazy" lady that came into my male character's work - but, you're at least the second person that didn't see what I was trying to do, so I guess it didn't really work...

And yep, upon my rewatches of it, I definitely should have cut the montage - or, at least shorten it to just a shot or two. Seriously though, thanks for the advice!