What are you working on?

For those that have dreams of making films!

Moderator: Erik

What the fuck? :D

Originally, I wanted to do 3 similar but different scenes in which the girl is "killed" in different circumstances, ending with the "Game Over". But after some takes the camera broke down and we had to stop. The girl was busy and couldn't do the rest of scenes.

So I said "Fuck It" and improvised with the material I had. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So the movie is about 1 minute, the end credits 2? :shock:

Erik wrote:So the movie is about 1 minute, the end credits 2? :shock:
It's more a (failed) experiment than a movie but yeah... :lol: :lol:

I recorded some footage to make the credits more watchable (and, more importantly, to actually try to tell a story, no matter how schizophrenic "it" ended up being).

Currently working on a pilot script for a procedural drama that I want to produce and create as a web series. It would be something like the Netflix shows where it's made to be a regular TV show, just released on the web. On a shoestring, of course!

It's a 'detective' show, very lightly inspired by Jonah Nolan's Person of Interest, as it's my top show on TV right now in personal favourites. Actually, I'm taking inspiration from pretty much every crime show I've ever seen. The two closest shows (and still, it's a thin connection) would be POI and Veronica Mars.

I'm really excited. I'm discovering the characters' stories as I go along, and it comes out of nowhere. Gosh, I love writing haha.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Friends asked for my help in making a video about underage drinking for their health class. I'm not been in the class lol.

Still doing it anyway. Yay :D
so my friends presented it today, and from what ive heard down the grapevine is that people really liked it :D

Fuck me. Just met with the producer guy, I basically have to shrink the script from 29 pages to around 12-15 pages, said that the script I wrote would cost around 250.000 bucks to make, I don't know what planet he's living on, but man.

Everything is so expensive (and the crew here is not even getting paid). Got two weeks to cut this shit, I don't even want to get rid of one single scene in it.

Jax_Teller wrote:...said that the script I wrote would cost around 250.000 bucks to make...
With that budget, I'd suggest a sci-fi film that is actually filmed in space.

Yeah, sounded totally ridiculous to me. That shit is insanely expensive, told me that each member of the crew + actor is like 15 bucks a day for food (can't they make their sandwiches? I don't know, would save money), then if they bring in actors, there's the hotel, like 40 bucks minimum a night.

2/3 of the budget spent on fucking food and hotels, and this is just a short movie with a small budget (producer told me they could get probably around 10.000 bucks). I'm looking at the script right now to see what goes away, but I can"t imagine it not being longer than 15 min minimum, and even that, I'm checking short movies right now, and 10 min is already so damn short.

Frustrating.

@Erik: the script is basically a character-driven story, with people talking, with quite a few locations, but that shit gets done for 5 k easily if you do it yourself. During the conversation, I kept thinking that I'd be better off trying to get it financed on Kickstarter or else, and then do it on my own, but those people actually provide the whole interface surrounding it, plus a professional crew, so yeah.