Favorite Nolan film SCORE

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson

What's your favorite Nolan film score? (max of 2 options)

Following
No votes
Memento
3%
Insomnia
No votes
Batman Begins
11%
The Prestige
1%
The Dark Knight
15%
Inception
47%
The Dark Knight Rises
23%

Total votes: 73

Jacci wrote:I really think so too. I really like "One Simple Idea" and of course "Time"(the scene from the plane until the spinning top - end) every time I hear those songs I cry and "Mombasa" fits perfectly to the chasing scene. It's just a perfect score. That's why I cannot believe that Hans didn't win an Oscar. Did you buy the CD?
Hans is always jipped at the oscars :facepalm: I'm with you guys, his score for Inception is perfect! And, of course I bought the CD; ordered it right after I got home from the movie at about three in the morning :lol:

For me, most definetely Inception. His epic fanfare for the music was emotional and powerful at once; it was almost, to me, like Angels & Demons without the choir, when comparing it to epic-ness.

Second is The Dark Knight.

MW715 wrote:
Jacci wrote:I really think so too. I really like "One Simple Idea" and of course "Time"(the scene from the plane until the spinning top - end) every time I hear those songs I cry and "Mombasa" fits perfectly to the chasing scene. It's just a perfect score. That's why I cannot believe that Hans didn't win an Oscar. Did you buy the CD?
Hans is always jipped at the oscars :facepalm: I'm with you guys, his score for Inception is perfect! And, of course I bought the CD; ordered it right after I got home from the movie at about three in the morning :lol:
Have you ever heard the "The Social Network" score? I was just like "and that beat Hans?". Hopefully Hans will release a special CD, in Inception I heard a lot of songs which are not on the CD and they sounded very good. ;)

All the music scores in Nolan's movies are great but if i had to rank them, it would be like this:

Inception
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Prestige
Insomnia
Memento
Following

Inception just brought a fresh sound... Time is epic.

Jacci wrote:
MW715 wrote: Hans is always jipped at the oscars :facepalm: I'm with you guys, his score for Inception is perfect! And, of course I bought the CD; ordered it right after I got home from the movie at about three in the morning :lol:
Have you ever heard the "The Social Network" score? I was just like "and that beat Hans?". Hopefully Hans will release a special CD, in Inception I heard a lot of songs which are not on the CD and they sounded very good. ;)
Oh, I heard it :( I didn't think Social Network's score was all that good. I saw the film, but I didn't really realize it even had a score until after the oscars. The music only showed up for about six minutes of the actual film. :facepalm: Disapointment of the year for me... so far

Jacci wrote:
MW715 wrote: Have you ever heard the "The Social Network" score? I was just like "and that beat Hans?". Hopefully Hans will release a special CD, in Inception I heard a lot of songs which are not on the CD and they sounded very good. ;)
Oh, I heard it :( I didn't think Social Network's score was all that good. I saw the film, but I didn't really realize it even had a score until after the oscars. The music only showed up for about six minutes of the actual film. :facepalm: Disapointment of the year for me... so far
But at the oscars 2013 Hans will beat all the others, with "The Dark Knight Rises"! Hopefully :? or with another good score. Just wait til the oscars 2012 then we'll see.

Jacci wrote:
Jacci wrote: Oh, I heard it :( I didn't think Social Network's score was all that good. I saw the film, but I didn't really realize it even had a score until after the oscars. The music only showed up for about six minutes of the actual film. :facepalm: Disapointment of the year for me... so far
But at the oscars 2013 Hans will beat all the others, with "The Dark Knight Rises"! Hopefully :? or with another good score. Just wait til the oscars 2012 then we'll see.
Howard Shore's The Hobbit. :( This movie will sweep out all the Oscars that would otherwise be likely to go to TDKR. The Hobbit will be a great movie, but it will kill the Oscars for TDKR nonetheless. :cry:

Jacci wrote: But at the oscars 2013 Hans will beat all the others, with "The Dark Knight Rises"! Hopefully :? or with another good score. Just wait til the oscars 2012 then we'll see.
Too many composers to win I think. There is Hans and James in name. And then I'm willing to bet Mel Wesson and Lorne Balfe come back as well to contribute.

MW715 wrote:
Jacci wrote:
Howard Shore's The Hobbit. :( This movie will sweep out all the Oscars that would otherwise be likely to go to TDKR. The Hobbit will be a great movie, but it will kill the Oscars for TDKR nonetheless. :cry:
If there's one film that can outdo TDKR, it's probably The Hobbit. I'm not saying it's likely, but I mean, in my ever humble eyes, The Lord of the Rings is basically the best thing ever made under any artform ...ever.