Favorite Nolan film SCORE

David Julyan, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, and Ludwig Göransson

What's your favorite Nolan film score? (max of 2 options)

Following
No votes
Memento
3%
Insomnia
No votes
Batman Begins
11%
The Prestige
1%
The Dark Knight
15%
Inception
47%
The Dark Knight Rises
23%

Total votes: 73

Inception score is fucking AWESOME, but i think that TDKR score is the best!

I only chose Inception, because the other one would be TDKR. I like the former slightly more.

All of them are monotonous, predictable and underachieving. Insomnia's score is relatable to the films intellectual premise, though.

MovieExoddus wrote:All of them are monotonous, predictable and underachieving. Insomnia's score is relatable to the films intellectual premise, though.
how is this troll still here :facepalm:

The more I listen to Memento and The Prestige's score, the more they go up in my opinion. I'm having a hard time ranking David Julyan's scores. They sound very similar to one another and they all are brilliant.

1. TDKR
2. BB
3. Inception
4. TDK
5. Following
6. Memento
7. Insomnia
8. The Prestige
9. Doodlebug

I can't chose just one, but for my money it doesn't get any better than when Hans Zimmer did the soundtrack for Inception.

TDKR takes the cake.

My vote is for Batman Begins. I just love the repeating figure we hear in the strings all throughout (F-F-D-D, F-F-D-D, etc.). So simple but so evocative of the dark knight himself. Awesome!

By the way, what does everyone think of Hans Zimmer scoring TDKR solo rather than with James Newton Howard as in the previous two films? Better? Worse? Just different? What do you think?

I've been thinking about this a lot since I've been blogging about the music of the Dark Knight series. (If you're interested, see it here: http://www.filmmusicnotes.com/music-of- ... an-begins/)